As a data analyst on the Financial Crimes team, you will work with their users and engineering to design, build, and test financial crimes pipelines; build Looker dashboards that support finance, compliance, reconciliation, and product teams; and develop data pipelines to support early detection and alerting of anomalies.
- Work with non-technical partners and product teams to understand their needs and come up with an automated end-to-end solution.
- Translate their requirements into applicable data requirements.
- Design, curate, and document ETL pipelines to ensure accurate and reliable financial reporting.
- Bridge the gap between their requirements and ETL logic by troubleshooting data discrepancies and implementing scalable solutions.
- Become an expert on Square’s reporting platforms for development and visualization.
- Maintain security and data access models within Square’s reporting platforms.
- Identify ways to improve existing reports and processes.
- Teach and encourage others to self-serve while building reports that make it simpler and faster for them to do so.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, or equivalent work experience 4+ years of experience building reporting infrastructure and dashboards.
- Ability to understand non-technical business customers’ needs and translate them into automated reporting
- Substantial attention to detail and a tenacious dedication to quality.
- Experience managing ETL pipelines.
- Familiarity with schema design, query optimization, and data pipeline maintenance. Snowflake, BigQuery, MySQL, or similar data handling experience.
- Familiarity with Looker, Airflow, Python, Tableau, or Git
- Experience with financial crimes compliance systems, technologies, and processes, especially AML transaction monitoring typologies and rules
At Square, they value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. They will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing their website may contact them by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. They will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and they will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, they want you to be well and thrive. Their global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1