Are you motivated by using data, analytics, and technology to drive key business insights for Microsoft and its competitors? Are you looking for a role where you can have significant impact in contributing to the growth of some of Microsoft’s most critical businesses and keep a pulse on the competitive landscape? If so, the Insights, Data Engineering, and Analytics (IDEAs) in the Experiences + Devices (E+D) organization has a great opportunity.
As a Data Analyst on the Compete Analytics team, you will focus on reporting and analyzing Microsoft share vs. key competitors for the Security, Compliance, Identity, and Management (SCI-M) businesses. The team supplies important competitive data and analysis that is utilized broadly and by the most senior leaders in the company
- Deep data and business analyses to deliver insights and learning on Microsoft success against competitors.
- Define, develop, and monitor key performance metrics and analytic data for Microsoft SCI-M products and competitor solutions. Ensure metrics are both simple to understand and easy to use in driving the business
- Define, automate, and deliver core reporting as a tool for presenting results and aid in storytelling
- Data exploration to determine the best 1st and 3rd party data solutions for use in total market share measurement and analysis
- Partner with Business, Marketing, Product & Finance stakeholders to build actionable plans & analysis that address key business questions and inform business strategy
- Collaborate closely with Data Engineering and Data Sciences teams to incorporate their expertise into projects that address prioritized business needs
- Present insights and learnings to key stakeholders and executives in standard business forums
- Provide thought leadership on the competitive landscape for the Security, Compliance, Identity, and Management businesses
- 2+ years of experience and proficiency in analyzing large volumes of data, extracting insights processing large data sets using SQL or SQL-like scripting language and Excel. Experience with COSMOS, C++, C#, .NT, Hadoop, Spark
- 2+ years of experience and proficiency in automating reporting and building visualizations using tools such as Power BI and Excel
- Deep data/business analysis capabilities and creative thinking with demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations
- Basic understanding of statistics and machine learning.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts. Strong storytelling and presentation capabilities are critical
- Strong cross-group collaboration and business partnering skills to use across diverse stakeholder organizations
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Economics, Business, Engineering, or a related field. Also equivalent alternative education, skills, and practical equivalent experience is acceptable
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1