The security organization at Uber is dedicated to enabling safe and secure innovation while protecting the communities they serve both online and in the physical world. Their teams are responsible for protecting both people and their data across intersections of the digital and physical world. In Global Security, their mission is to keep people safe. Uber monitors global events and incidents, assess risk, and identify threats. Using a data-driven, risk-based approach, the company assigns security support, allocate resources and design processes to protect the people and assets.
About The Role
Uber is looking for a dedicated Data Analyst to join the Global Security (GS) Team, which monitors events and incidents, assesses risk, identifies trends, and supports risk-based and data-driven decision making worldwide. The GS team assigns security support, allocates resources, and designs processes and guidelines to keep Uber safe. This position will improve and maintain the security management system & data, collaborate with the security team globally to develop visualization reports, track metrics, empower the team to manage the security of Uber sites, protect Uber staff and assets worldwide.
What You’ll Do
- Complete ad-hoc analysis requests from regional and leadership teams, including developing dashboards, retrieving data, and implementing root cause analysis to provide insight into how to mitigate risk.
- Analyze data to identify issues and gaps, proactively seek solutions, and solve problems independently. Share findings via report and presentation.
- Develop and maintain the risk model and severity evaluation scale to monitor and identify the risk.
- Partner with other data analysts to continuously improve data quality, streamline data collection processes, build data pipelines to ensure data accuracy and reliability.
- Develop, monitor, evaluate and manage metrics/OKR that articulate teams’ successes.
- Support Global Security project on demand, act as data subject matter expert.
- Coordinate and manage projects spanning teams and stakeholders globally; ensure timelines and deliverables are tracked, communicated to stakeholders, and met on time and within budget.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in using Tableau, SQL, familiarity with Google Suite; Basic experience with data pipeline, ETL process.
- Familiarity with at least one script language, such as Python, and with database engines, such as SQL Server.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate findings via presentations to diverse audiences. Specifically, have the ability to explain a complex problem very simply to a non-technical person.
Possess a demonstrated interest or experience in international affairs, security, law enforcement, business continuity, or crisis management.
Experience developing security-focused content, technical SOPs, guidelines, and policies.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1