Deliver the Italian news that matters most to their clients. You’re the type of person who always knows about the latest news trends and has a real passion for text analysis and technology. Help to build the product which, in an instant, can deliver news to change the direction of their clients’ critically important business decisions.
Do you have the creativity, customer relationship, and technical skills to help them further improve their Italian-language news product? If so, they are looking for you!
What’s the Role?
As a member of their News Indexing team, you will be responsible for automated classification of the world’s most important Italian-language financial and economic news with the aim of further entrenching Bloomberg as the leader in the financial news market. You will use specialized software in order to create hierarchical rules that automatically classify Bloomberg and third-party news, as well as data from social media sites. You need to have a keen interest in news and perform research in order to identify news topics that are relevant to the Italian market and modify or create news classification rules accordingly. You will also identify opportunities to create efficiency in their processes and execute on your ideas.
In order to build the strongest local-language products, you will closely collaborate with our partners in Product Strategy, Sales, Analytics, and Engineering to understand their clients’ needs and build a market-leading Italian news product. You will also partner with their Sales and Analytics groups to promote their Italian news product and ensure strong customer uptake.
Finally, you will have the chance to be involved in the fields of statistical classification, natural language processing, and text analysis as we build the next-generation of Bloomberg’s proprietary news classification products.
What they do in Content Indexing
They use proprietary and open-source software to automatically retrieve, parse, organize, and tag news from social media sites, news feeds, web sites, and other sources that run on the Bloomberg Professional Service. They also build and maintain their complex taxonomy of classification tags according to their clients’ needs. Their work is not theoretical or hyper-specific – it is practical and impactful.
What they look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in disciplines such as Data Science, Linguistics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business, Finance, Library Science, or other computer-related specialization
- Native ability in spoken and written Italian
- Strong interest/ knowledge in financial and economic news
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to pay close attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven understanding of customer service and experience in building strong relationships with stakeholders
- 1 – 3 years of professional project management experience in information management with the ability to deliver on tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Italian market trends, themes, and drivers
- Availability to start in January 2021
They’d love to see:
- Experience working on data science projects and technologies, especially using NLP techniques to deal with unstructured text data
- Experience in editing, writing, curating or assigning news stories
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think they’re a good match. They’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! Please note this is a two-stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this:https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
They are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at their company. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1