They are seeking a data analyst to join their team. Responsibilities will include monitoring their product pipeline using custom software tools with the goal of assuring samples move through smoothly. Candidates should have experience with UNIX. They are expected to take initiative to automate tasks and troubleshoot the production process through detail-oriented analysis. An important part of this job is to be able to clearly communicate technical findings to non-technical teammates.
At Invitae, they’re using genetics to improve healthcare for everyone. Working with them will give you an opportunity to use your technical skills to do real and tangible good — impacting the lives of patients, families, and future generations to come.
What You Bring
- Flexible schedule, including being able to commit to periodic weekend support
- 1+ yrs experience manipulating data and troubleshooting applications in UNIX environments
- Experience writing scripts (Python, R, and/or bash)
- Excellent communication skills when working in cross-disciplinary teams
- Preferred: Python software development experience
- Preferred: Database query languages (SQL, datalog) experience
- Preferred: Hands-on molecular biology wet lab experience
- Preferred: Background in life sciences
At Invitae, they value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. They will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1