Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, they provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
About The Role
At CarGurus they use data, not hunches, to inform decisions. Analysts play a key role in crafting the data narrative for these decisions. They love to collaborate, they’re excited by a challenge, and they believe that ownership enables them to grow.
They are looking for thoughtful, courageously curious candidates who can dive into complex data and draw insightful conclusions. The one-year rotational program is designed to give graduating college seniors an accelerated path towards analytics roles within CarGurus. This program provides a unique chance to create a strong analytical foundation while exploring several facets of a rapidly-growing tech company. You’ll work cross-functionally with many departments and stakeholders, gain exposure to multiple dimensions of the business, and work on projects with outsized impact.
CarGurus values diversity in experience and backgrounds—they do their best work when they create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, they look forward to learning from each other!
What You’ll Do
- Participate in bespoke four- to six-month rotations over the one-year program; rotations may be in product, financial planning/analysis, consumer marketing, and business development
- Define metrics to evaluate business performance, products and experiments; build reports and dashboards to monitor and understand them
- Communicate and present data analysis, visualizations, and insights to key stakeholders
- Be a voice and advocate for using data to improve the quality of their decision-making
Who You Are
While they expect you have a strong academic background, no automotive or technology experience is required. Coursework and/or work experience involving statistics, mathematics, or other quantitative fields are preferred; nevertheless, the position is not limited to any specific majors or minors. Regardless of your background, please consider applying if you are:
- Open to learn new reporting or Business Intelligence tools; previous exposure to programming languages a plus
- Naturally inquisitive and excited by solving consumer challenges with technology and data
- Able to work in independent and cross-functional settings within a fast paced environment
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
At the core of their company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to their start-up roots, they’re nimble, flexible and data-driven. They have a respect for testing and learning, and a healthy aversion to meaningless meetings. They’re committed to diversity and inclusion because they want all employees to have a sense of belonging. To power you through the day, their kitchens are stocked with snacks and drinks. Lunch is catered daily. All employees are shareholders. They believe giving back is important, so they have established an Open Source Fund and Charitable Giving program which make quarterly donations to employee recommended organizations. They recognize that everyone has a life outside of the office which is why they have flexible schedules and unlimited personal time.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK, Germany, Italy, and Spain with other markets on the horizon. Their offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit their careers page.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1