The City of Tacoma’s Information Technology Department is seeking an Enterprise Data Management Analyst to join their Data and Analytics team. The Data and Analytics team is responsible for enabling departments throughout the city to access and make use of their data. In this role you will apply your knowledge of data standards and quality to help the organization more effectively manage data as an asset. Through the development and implementation of standards and best practices, this position will enable business users across the city to get the most value out of their data, ensuring accuracy, security, and consistency.
- Develop, implement, and enforce enterprise data standards. Develop standards, procedures, and methodology for data enablement and integration.
- Act as steward for enterprise data sources. Develop and maintain data documentation for enterprise data sets. Clean up, monitoring, and ongoing maintenance of enterprise data sets.
- Support enterprise data enablement and enterprise report and dashboard development. Facilitate and support organization-wide data platforms and resources. Coordinate communication and change management for newly enabled data sources.
- Provide data users with guidance on effective data management and usage. Support relevant User Groups. Train on new functionality, processes, and standards.
- Lead data cleanup efforts, coordinating departmental resources. Support implementation of initiatives brought forward by governing bodies.
WHY WORK FOR THE CITY?
The City of Tacoma offers a generous program of employee benefits:
- Full-time telecommuting capability
- Outstanding working conditions and an exceptional quality-of-life environment
- Affordable benefits
- Medical coverage for eligible employees, spouses/domestic partners and dependents, including children up to age 26
- Vision care with VSP for employees and eligible dependents enrolled in the Regence PPO medical plan with vision benefits
- Dental coverage for eligible employees and their elected dependents, including dependent children up to the age of 26
- Deferred compensation allowing tax-deferred savings as authorized under Section 457 of the IRS Code
- Personal time off
- 13 Paid holidays
- A lifetime benefit pension plan
City of Tacoma Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Tacoma’s diversity is its greatest asset. Tacoma embraces its multi-cultural and multi-ethnic character. Communities of color and immigrant communities are fundamental to Tacoma’s vibrancy, entrepreneurial spirt, workforce, and long-term success. In Tacoma, equity and empowerment are top priorities, meaning that all Tacoma residents must have equitable opportunities to reach their full potential and share in the benefits of community progress. One of our goals is for the City of Tacoma workforce to reflect the community it serves. We actively work to eliminate racial and other disparities and welcome candidates with diverse backgrounds and/or multicultural skill sets and experiences. Our goal is for Tacoma to be an inclusive and equitable place to live, work and play.
The City of Tacoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in its workplace. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by federal state, and local laws.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or directly related field.
2 years of experience in data management experience (master data, metadata, data architecture, data governance, data quality and data modeling).
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements
North American Electric Reliability Corporation Critical Infrastructure Protection certification (NECC-CIP)
- Equivalency: 1 year of experience = 1 year of education
Desirable Qualifications (training And Education)
- Experience with Snowflake or other relational data/business warehouse system
- Experience with FME or other ETL tools
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI
- Experience with Metadata management solutions (Collibra, Informatica DQ, Alation or similar)
- Proficient in SQL
- An advanced degree in an area of specialization defined in this job posting
Knowledge & Skills
The Successful Candidate Will Possess The Following Skillset
- Strong data documentation skills (entity relationship diagrams, context diagrams, etc.)
- Strong understanding of a variety of business processes and data’s role in business processes
- Strong customer service and communications skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated experience in quality assurance and management of large, complex datasets
- Experience developing and leading data-related trainings
- Experience with large enterprise resource planning systems such as SAP or Oracle
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with others on challenging issues
- Ability to provide guidance and assistance in developing solutions
- Experience with data privacy, data risk mitigation, data security, and PII
Selection Process & Supplemental Information
To apply you must attach a detailed resume and cover letter. Applicants who have the strongest backgrounds related to the responsibilities of this position may be invited to participate in the interview process, which may include a work problem. Appointment is subject to passing a background check.
The online application system may require you to enter a substantial amount of information. Be prepared to spend a minimum of one hour entering the required information. While completing the application and answering the supplemental questions please be sure to save your work every 20 minutes to ensure that your information is not lost.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1