Are you looking to join a company and business that is bucking the trend? Do you have an analytical mindset and a thirst to employ state-of-the-art digital and analytics tools to drive tangible value to a business? Are you looking to help build a business intelligence and data and analytics capacity at one of the largest insurance companies in the country?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, then this could be the job for you.
This position will be part of the Operations Team within the Individual Retirement business unit at AXA Equitable reporting to the COO. The Individual Retirement business unit is the largest business unit at AXA Equitable and produced over $7 billion in sales for 2018. AXA sells individual retirement products to their clients through their captive agency, AXA Advisors, and through relationships with over 750 selling firms ranking as the #3 player in the industry.
The Data and Analytics Team is a sub-group of the business’ Operations Team. This team is responsible for business-wide governance and utilization of information as an asset, via data acquisition, data processing, analysis, data mining, and other means to create value for the business. This data includes large structured and unstructured data sets (e.g., speech analytics, social media listening, digital footprints, customer behavior, financial information, proprietary market research, and secondary sources) with the goal of discovering meaningful implications for business decisions.
Specific Job Duties (will evolve over time and change based on altering business priorities).
- Manage and direct data analyst(s) providing project management and end-to-end data and analytics solutions for the Individual Retirement business.
- Will be responsible for direct management of complex programs / projects. Manage the overall delivery of solutions for the business and ensure project proposals have a positive business case (ROI). Ensure projects are on time, on budget, and on scope.
- Develop and communicate goals, strategies, tactics, analytical plans, timelines, and key performance metrics to reach goals
- Explore the unknown, and brainstorm new ideas to drive increased sales opportunities and promote productivity and efficiencies.
- Drive vision for predictable and scalable analytics solutions that drive elevated business outcomes
- Participate in analysis of the information and formulation of business proposals and justifications to improve margins, profits and volumes, which align with the company directional statement and business model
- Build dashboards (using Tableau, Python and other BI tools) that illustrate how key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics are changing over time. Provide “color” and insights from the findings and make recommendations to the business
- Develop policies, and procedures for the collection and analysis of data
- Create or discover new data procurement and processing programs
- Cooperate with IT and the enterprise-wide data and analytics office to deploy software and hardware upgrades that make it possible for us to leverage big data use cases
- Design and implement complex business visualizations, dashboards, and reports to deliver insights.
- Analysis of complicated data sets and presenting meaningful outcomes to a variety of stakeholders
- Act as a translator between business and technical teams, by consulting on the data available or feasibility of acquiring data, keeping cost versus benefit in mind
- Develop proof of concept solutions to test and ascertain requirements for BI needs.
- Develop business relationships with cross-functional teams and assist with BI project scoping and requirements gathering, understanding complex business questions and needs. Make valuable contributions by providing adhoc statistical analysis
- Develop executive dashboard and implement new data and analytics processes & strategy, end-user self-services reporting
- Use data visualization, reports and data-driven presentations to present digestible conclusions and recommendations to top decision makers, so that business strategies can be designed around them
- Frame and investigate theories and assumptions with high-impact potential and utilize descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics techniques to test your theories
- Bring analytical expertise into cross-functional projects and work collaboratively with team leaders and subject matter experts across multiple departments, to enable data-driven decision making
Work Experience / Skill Requirements
- A bachelor’s (or advanced) degree in Economics, Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Physical Sciences, or another quantitative discipline
- 5-8 years of work experience in agile project management, people management and data and analytic solutions development.
- Has managed other members of the business team, analytics team, or other project managers with a track record for successfully delivering solutions with clear ROI.
- Has demonstrated a deep sense of curiosity, self-directedness and strong problem-solving skills at previous jobs.
- Has a broad understanding of project planning and project management execution methodologies. Has experience managing large, complex programs and projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate research findings to both technical and non-technical decision makers
- Experience in the following technical areas are required: Agile project management best practices and processes; Hadoop (Cloudera or Apache), relational databases, and SQL, ETL development, spark, data validation and testing (Data Warehousing, ETL/ELT to the Data Lake, using the Data Lake for data analysis (Hadoop tools – Hive, Impala, Pig, Sqoop, Hue, Kafka, etc., Open Source tools: Python, R, java).
- Knowledge of the data visualization tool, Tableau.
Financial services experience preferred but not required
They have been providing stability and reliability to their clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer AXA is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. AXA US has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
They provide their employees opportunities to move within their organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave AXA. Almost 40% of their open jobs are filled with current employees.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, they offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to their employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1