- Bachelors or masters in statistics, cognitive science, HCI, psychology, or another quantitative field
- Minimum of 6 years of professional experience in data analytics or reporting
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases
- Experience with applying statistics, analytics, machine learning (R, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of a visualization tool (Tableau, QlikView, D3.js, etc.) is a plus
- Expert in defining key research questions and identifying the right high-level approach (e.g., quantitative or qualitative) to answer them
- Able to synthesize quantitative and qualitative findings into actionable insights and communicate them in a compelling, digestible way
- Able to communicate and show the value of data-informed decision making, product design, and product management to a variety of stakeholders
- Deep understanding of digital product lifecycle; comfort working with designers, technical and business teams; deep knowledge of an array of research methodologies
- Solid knowledge of and experience with Agile software development
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate and optimize the design based on the value to the user and the business
- Track record of partnering well with others to solve problems and actively incorporate input from various sources
- Ability to navigate multiple stakeholder groups and influence others
Who You’ll Work With
You will join them in Waltham as a core member of the Design & Innovation team within our internal Technology & Digital (T&D) function.
You will be part of a global team that is distributed across Prague, Boston/Waltham, New York, and New Delhi. Their diverse team includes designers, qualitative researchers, front-end architects, analysts, and data scientists. They develop the tools to power the next generation of management consulting. Here, they do not accept our esteemed organization’s past success, but challenge it, as they apply design thinking, analytics, data science, and digital technologies to create new ways of working that will define the future of how McKinsey delivers professional services.
The Design & Innovation team applies user-centered methods to inform the development and delivery of technology products and services used across the Firm. They create experiences that make the work of their colleagues faster, easier, and more effective. They incubate new ways of working that will move the firm forward.
What You’ll Do
You will ensure the tribe and its squads are making decisions based on sound qualitative and quantitative evidence by collecting and making use of a wide variety of data – usage statistics, web analytics, surveys, support tickets, financials, and more – which are spread across different systems at various levels of maturity.
In this role, you will tap in and derive novel insight using a wide variety of quantitative methods, including advanced analytics. As needed, you will draw on the talents of your data scientist and qualitative research colleagues.
The work you do will inform how your squad or tribe prioritizes and orchestrates their work, refines their mission and scope, and collaborates with other teams across the organization. Efforts in this space will vary in scale from informing adjacent, ongoing improvements to conducting discovery for new products or services. In addition to evaluating product and service value and success, you will apply analysis and reporting to help identify and prioritize opportunities for incremental and transformational innovation.
As a member of the Design & Innovation team, you will contribute to their growing set of best practices, tools, and assets intended to help product and service teams gain better access to and insights from their data. You will work to instill these best practices at the product squad and tribe level.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1