They’re looking for someone who is passionate about building the data infrastructure that powers how we make decisions at Asana. You are someone who enjoys helping cross-functional teams leverage data to influence product decisions that empower their customers to work more efficiently and collaborate more effectively.
You will be a part of the Data Engineering team, focused on architecting and building their data infrastructure, connecting it with product infrastructure and business systems, and designing and implementing data analysis tools that Data Science, Engineering, Product, and Business teams use to make fast, well-informed decisions. You’ll focus on creating production-ready data pipelines, machine learning models, and statistical toolkits, and develop an understanding of Asana’s goals. You will design systems with an eye towards stability and scalability, and build robust testing and monitoring to ensure great uptime and performance.
Their team partners with employees across the company, giving them access to the tools and data they need to be successful in their roles. To do that, they leverage an ever-evolving suite of data technologies, including Airflow, Spark, Redshift, Kubernetes, Docker, Kinesis, AWS Glue, JupyterLab, Interana, Looker, Datadog, and Amazon Sagemaker. They are deeply focused on data security and ensuring Asana uses data in a responsible and ethical manner.
What You’ll Achieve
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams, including Data Science, Engineering, and Business Technology, to build data infrastructure, processes, and tooling
- Work with their Data Scientists to create and productionize the machine learning models that power decision-making and product features
- Invest in the infrastructure that supports data-driven workflows for analysts, data scientists, and product managers
- Architect and implement robust data systems that will scale with Asana’s rapid growth
- 2+ years of experience working with distributed data technologies
- Background in a technical and/or quantitative field of study, such as computer science, math, physics or statistics
- Experience working with server-side concepts such as containers, microservices, caching, performance monitoring, and API design
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Experience using Python or Scala preferred
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle preferred
- Experience with highly scalable ETL / ELT / Data Lake technologies nice to hav
Asana is a leading work management platform for teams, on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. More than 60,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber and Vox Media. Their highly recognized culture spurs innovation and business results, and for the last two years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE and one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, and Vancouver, Asana is always looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of their inclusive culture and help them achieve their mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we’d love to learn about what you can add to our team.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1