Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Their cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. They optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Their methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and their culture is empowering. Their 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. They make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
Are an Engineer with experience implementing MPP or Big Data solutions. The Data Engineer role at Pivotal is focused on customer success, enablement, and technology optimization after the software sale. Strong technical and consultative skills are required.
Pivotal Data tackles the technical challenges that come with massively parallel distributed systems operating on petabytes of data across thousands of nodes. They delve into areas like query optimization, high-performance in-memory transaction and query processing, parallel and distributed execution of advanced data processing algorithms, resource management, and storage. On this team, you’ll be working on hard, worthwhile problems with a collaborative team, accelerating your growth as an engineer.
You will be responsible for consulting with their clients to provide deep technical and business expertise with regards to the Pivotal data products. Additional job responsibilities include the ability to architect solutions and install, connect, and use these products. You will interface directly with customers and collaborate with their Data Scientists on engagements. You will also work with Pivotal Engineering and Product Management as the “tip of the spear” for the development of products and enhancements.
- Work on large, complicated and hugely impactful projects for the world’s biggest organizations. Communicate and align with multiple different technical stakeholders and teams while strictly adhering to Pivotal engagement processes
- Drive the successful usage and adoption of Pivotal data solutions within strategic accounts by providing expert technical guidance on architecture, design, implementation, tuning, integration and ability to scale their products in the customer’s environment
- Present Architecture and Design vision and strategy to their customers at levels including executives, technical management, and individual contributors
- Evangelize the value of Pivotal products in architectures and deployments
Required Skills / Experiences
- 5+ years’ experience with big data and MPP databases (Greenplum preferred; Netezza or other database technology acceptable)
- Project experience
- Unix/Linux experience
- General experience working with cloud-based systems (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Development experience in any modern language, and thorough understanding of development principles
- Strong sense of curiosity and openness to new ways of thinking and working
- Ability to travel
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Other “data” experience – data science, IMDG (gemfire/pcc/redis/hazelcast), data analytics, etc.
- Postgres and/or MySQL experience
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1