Life feels better when you love your job…
Here at Vanquis they do, and it is what they believe has contributed most to their success.
Their business has grown so much since they started in 2002 and they’ve achieved this growth by encouraging r employees to put ideas forward, make decisions and constantly improve the service they provide for our customers.
Data is such an important focus at Vanquis where they use it every day to better utilise data as whole improving their customer’s outcomes and satisfaction! As a Data Engineer, you will have interactions with all areas of the business as well as collaborating with other IT Teams. The Data Engineering team are accountable for building data pipelines keeping in mind that the processes are reliable and adhere to best practice.
- Adopts a creative & thoughtful approach to design and solving problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly on all levels of the business.
- Well organized and delivery focused.
- Good attention to detail.
- A positive, proactive attitude, self-reliant with a high level of self-motivation.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternate solutions.
- Translate raw data into usable datasets to support business requirements.
- Deliver robust, high-performing and scalable solutions for loading, transforming and processing company data.
- Develop adhering to the current development best practices whilst contributing to the continual improvement of these practices.
- Maintain formal data and metadata structures (lineage) to support integrity and searchability of information via a data dictionary.
- Provide handover documentation for delivered solutions.
- Working collaboratively with:
- The data engineer lead to understanding policy and strategies
- Data engineers for guidance and review of tasks
- Their data architect to define and build data marts
- Their data platform team to ensure high level of performance and provide support for delivered solutions
Please note: Once the closing date has been reached they will review all CVs. Should they wish to progress your application they will contact you within four weeks of the closing date. If you do not hear from them within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful.
On occasion, they identify alternative roles that may be suitable for applicants and therefore they may retain your CV for up to 6 months for this purpose. If you do not wish them to contact, you or hold your CV on file for 6 months please contact them.
They welcome applications from every area of the community, regardless of age, gender, race, nationality, colour, ethnic origin, disability, sexuality, religion or beliefs, and believe that everyone should be treated fairly and consistently. They are TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) ambassadors and believe that everything they do as a company should benefit their customers.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1