As a Data Engineer, you will work on the development of data pipelines and the data management platform consisting of the data lake and data catalog, spanning all the way to modelled data in the data warehouse.
You will work with everyone from analysts, technical and commercial teams to understand their needs and deliver the best solutions possible to solve consumer and business needs.
Implement their data strategy including:
- Create the central data lake with data catalog
- Support development and implementation of our data governance strategy
- Set up scalable data pipelines for ingestion, processing and democratisation using clean, high quality maintainable code
- Develop scalable, performant ETL workflows
- Define and implement modelling of raw data into the data warehouse.
- Assist in creating valuable data insights, analytics and reporting
Focus on implementation with automation in mind, delivering scalable solutions that perform and deliver business value both short and long term irrespective of data size as close to real time as possible.
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience in standard software engineering practices such as:
- Version control (github / gitlab)
- CI/CD style development using Jenkins or similar
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform preferable)
- TDD approach where applicable
- Proficiency in Python and preferably one additional performant backend language such as Java, Golang or NodeJS
- Experience with AWS (preferred) and/or GCP cloud provider
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience using columnar and document based data stores such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Athena
- Experience working with data warehouses such as BigQuery, Redshift
- Experience using ETL frameworks such as AWS Glue, Apache Airflow or alike beneficial
- Exposure to data science and machine learning desired
- Enthusiasm to do things the right way from the ground up
- Adaptable and positive, can do attitude
Their selection process will typically involve an initial phone interview and an hour or two of interviews and a coding test at their office where you’ll have a chance to meet the team. Their interview process is built around understanding your experience and focus, your cultural fit with the business, and that they’re the right fit for you.
They know that diverse teams make better teams and they are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. They do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.
Their London home is next to Euston Station and close to Kings Cross, with tube stations on the Northern, Victoria, Piccadilly, Hammersmith & City and Circle lines all a short walk away.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1