AlbaCore Capital is looking for an organised, energetic and dependable Data Engineer. As a fast-growing credit manager, AlbaCore Capital is building a scalable, highly automated, institutional quality infrastructure. With a unique opportunity to learn about, streamline, and design/implement processes covering the essential business functions of an investment manager, you will be at the heart of the AlbaCore’s business operations, finance and risk teams. The Data Engineer will help minimise process times, improve data quality, develop data analytics and cultivate best in class reporting. Every job at AlbaCore Capital is staffed by hardworking, enthusiastic, and creative team players. We are building a value-driven office community environment that encourages our staff to grow with the business and develop a long term career with the company.
- Evaluate and improve the current infrastructure including the current data stores and processes.
- Analyze and understand business requirements and drivers in order to design and implement scalable, quality solutions to support our business needs.
- Physical design and architecture of the databases/data stores.
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry trends and best practices.
Database and ETL Development
- Database development including stored procedures, queries and performance tuning using SQL and ETL tools.
- Efficient and clean automation scripting to extract, transform and load data from multiple data vendors and sources.
- Data Lifecycle Management including data retention, archive and purge planning.
Data Reporting and Analysis
- Create data models to solve specific problems or new initiatives as well as maintaining the current data structures and reports.
- Translate business requirements into queries against a set of relational tables and produce reporting based on the requirements.
- Design and build a reporting layer from different data sources, create and deploy custom UIs and BI tools for data extraction and act as a SPOC for user queries.
- Work closely with the Operations, Finance and Investment teams to develop automated data mining systems to extract meaningful business/ market insights.
Personal Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in a CS / IT related field.
- Attention to detail, analytical and independent thinker and problem-solver.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with a diverse range of people and work in a team oriented environment.
- Familiar with the lifecycle of a trade and flows of financial/ operations data.
- Strong SQL and relational database skills, especially with PostgreSQL.
- Relational database performance and tuning using indices, statistics and query analysis.
- Scripting for ETL and data analysis using Python, Perl and Bash.
- Comfortable working in UNIX/ Linux operating systems.
- Writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
- Familiar with Agile development techniques.
- Financial Services
- Investment Management
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1