About the Role
Data at Strava comes in many shapes and sizes – from relational data, to GPS streams, to server logs. We are looking for a data engineer to help unlock the potential of our data and scale our analytics and machine learning capabilities. Our core business strategies are fueled by actionable data, and as a data engineer you will be responsible for making sure stakeholders have access to vital and trustworthy information.
- Assist product, marketing, and business development teams in developing meaningful, actionable metrics
- Work with platform, web and mobile engineering teams to ensure that data is available for reporting, analysis and machine learning applications
- Improve and maintain ETL infrastructure and tools to keep pace with the growth of our data and its consumers
- Uncover insights about our global community of athletes, both for internal and external consumption.
- B.S. in computer science, statistics, mathematics or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience designing, building and maintaining software
- Experience with cloud-based services such as Amazon AWS
- Experience with a relational data stores such as MySQL or PostgreSQL and ideally one or more NoSQL data stores (e.g. Redis, Cassandra)
- Advanced SQL skills, and proficient in one or more programming languages such as Python.
- Experience with open source technologies like Kafka, Storm, Spark, Elasticsearch, Mesos, and Docker
- Experience with ETL technologies such as Luigi, Airflow, or Azkaban
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1