Altius have a simple ambition – to be the leading data focused technology business in Europe. They help businesses to harness their data and use it to understand, model and predict business performance – delivering improved engagement, efficiency and profitability.
They are leading the UK market in delivering Microsoft Azure based data platforms and their data science team is at the cutting edge of delivering machine and deep learning solutions. The business has an average annual growth of over 50%. Altius are currently circa. 350 people across the UK, The Netherlands and India.
At Altius, they strive for excellence in everything they do. They are a dynamic team of bright, talented and highly accomplished people who are passionate about their work and this is a fantastic opportunity to broaden your expertise within Microsoft Business Intelligence & Analytics, using the very latest BI, IOT, Data Science & Big Data technologies from Microsoft and other key vendors.
More details on Altius can be found on https://www.altiusdata.com/
The Data Engineer will be:
• Working on projects which have a focus on data and with clients across multiple sectors.
• Actively looks to stay up to date with the evolving Cloud landscape.
• Constantly developing technical skills using the latest cloud technology, striving towards certifications.
• Working on client-site or office-based development teams, collaborating within a team environment and participating in typical project lifecycle activities such as requirement analysis, testing and release.
This is a role for ambitious technologists who wish to work with the latest technology. Whilst they do not expect everyone to have experience with all the concept below, candidates will need to show their ability to rapidly learn new technologies.
- Data Ingestion and Integration.
- IoT and Event Streaming.
- Data Storage (i.e. data lakes, blob storage).
- Relational Databases.
- Scalable Compute (i.e. MPP architectures).
- Excellent knowledge of big data frameworks like Hadoop, Apache Beam, Spark.
- Good Knowledge of orchestration and data movement tools like Apache Airflow, Luigi, Azure Data-factory.
- Reporting and Analytics.
- Great understanding of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing concepts and methods.
- Excellent communication skills.
Additional Desirable Skills
• Excellent development with 1 or more from Python, Scala, Java, C#.
• Containers and Kubernetes.
• Linux bash scripting or PowerShell Scripting.
• Understanding of software engineering tools and concepts.
• Experience of using Gitflow workflow.
• Passion for technology and a thirst for knowledge.
• A science related education to degree level.
Applications are only invited from candidates with the right to reside and work within the UK. Candidates should be willing to travel for the purposes of client delivery and collaborating with colleagues.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1