What You’ll Do
- Work as a key member within a squad –understand and contribute to the agile delivery process and take ownership of your team’s software quality from concept to production
- Drive forward the production of reusable code and modules where appropriate with a view to leverage technology and reduce development costs and effort
- Continuously implement, promote and improve their ways of working, defining best practice, frameworks and processes, working in close collaboration with other team members and subject matter experts
- Provide domain knowledge, strive for excellence, challenge assumptions and bring solutions
- Support and deputize for the Data Engineering Manager
- Mentor and develop colleagues
What You’ll Bring
- Domain knowledge of telephony, mobile, and broadband within a data warehousing and reporting setting
- Comprehensive Cloud experience, GCP or AWS ideally, with an in-depth understanding of large-scale data, data warehouses, data pipelines, and/or data streaming
- Excellent SQL skills and understanding of RDMS, the experience of Google BigQuery, Netezza, or another MPP system ideally
- Advanced coding skills in Shell and a programming language such as Python, Java, or Spark, plus experience in an ETL system like Informatica
- Leadership with energy and drive for continuous improvement, the influence of technical decision, and a focus on delivering results in a fast-moving commercial environment
- Experience in SOA/SOP and micro-service based data solutions would be advantageous
- Expert knowledge of the full software development life-cycle including IaC, TDD, and CI/CD
Data, Technology & Analytics (DTA) at Sky is on a mission to bring customers more of what they love by unlocking the power of data to make Sky even more relevant. They are working with the rest of Sky to build innovative data products that bring even more value to their customers.
To be part of the team that is responsible for instilling good data governance principles and practices within Sky to drive the benefits: trust, performance & value.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Their great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Their Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of their free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town, and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters, and showers.
On-campus you’ll find six subsidized restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at their subsidized gym, catch the latest shows and movies at their cinema, get your car washed, and even get pampered at their beauty salon.
Recognized as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, they’re working hard to ensure they’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means they don’t just look at your CV. They’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. They also know that everyone has a life outside work, so they’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And they’ll do everything they can to support you during your application. If you need them to make any adjustments to their recruitment process, speak to their recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. They can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with them, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, they’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, they might have to withdraw the offer.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1