ASOS is a unique and forward-thinking company and understands the opportunities data and technology have on driving the business forward. Data and analytics remain a key priority focus area and Data Engineering will be at the heart of driving new insights within the organization. You will need to have a real passion for data, and a desire to work with the latest Azure technologies. Working within the Advanced Analytics team, you will be delivering best in class datasets and analytics solutions.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Responsibility for the technical implementation of high-quality solutions based on the Microsoft Azure Data Platform.
- Work closely with Senior Data Engineers and Tech Leads to ensure that designs are practical, workable, and deliverable.
- Ensure that solutions are built to the highest standard, is built in a way that favors a simple and maintainable approach over a clever and complex one, is tested at every step on the path to production, using the appropriate tools and practices, is deployable using automated tooling only, and is suitably instrumented to meet core operational and business monitoring needs.
- Demonstrate your passion for engineering by promoting good engineering practices within your team
- Develop and foster strong relationships with business stakeholders and business analysts to ensure that the software delivered by your team maps to the requirements of the business.
- Seek out and actively promote ideas and techniques from the wider developer community – both within ASOS and externally.
- Working with an agile, cross-functional team taking responsibility for the engineering team deliverables and quality
- Keep up to date with emerging data technologies and industry trends with a view to bringing business value through early adoption.
- Encouraging and driving the use of CI/CD so that solutions are deployable through a transparent and repeatable automated pipeline.
Key Skills and Experience
Previous Experience In a Data Engineering Role
- Hands-on experience working with big data, building data pipelines, processing techniques (ETL, ELT, LETS) for big data systems especially in cloud environments.
- Knowl edge of the Azure Data Platform including Azure Synapse Analytics Azure Storage, Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks. Azure Data Factory, Azure Functions
- BI and Data Warehouses knowledge including data modeling and familiarity with the Kimball methodology
- Working knowledge of the test tools, frameworks, and practices available and appropriate to each phase of software delivery, such as TDD, BDD, Integration Testing, Performance Testing
- Experience with designing end-user reports with a reporting tool ( Power BI knowledge – Apps, Dashboards, Data Modelling with DAX preferred )
- Experience in relational and non-relational database technologies
- Broad knowledge of using CI/CD create workflows to automatically build, test, publish, release, and deploy code using tools such as Azure DevOps, GitHub Actions and distributed version control tools such as GIT
- Agile Development background (SCRUM and/ or KANBAN )
- Understanding of cloud and on-premises infrastructure concerns
Nice To Have
- Understanding of Big Data technologies (Spark)
- Experience in retail and/or e-commerce
- Other programming languages: C#, PowerShell, Python, Scala
- Experience of all the phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and knowledge about DataOps best practice s .
- Team development and mentoring skills
Why Work With Them
- Generous salary, bonus, and pension matching
- Great development programs
- Amazing offices and great culture
- 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday
- Subsidized gym and canteen
- Huge staff discount and regular sample sales
- Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme
- And tonnes more…
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1