Data Engineer – 28008
Data Science – USA New York, New York
Who are we?
Arthur C. Nielsen founded the company in 1923 with a goal of helping companies measure their sales and better understand the consumers that drove them. From retail sales and consumer purchase measurement to Radio and Television measurement, Nielsen is the original big data company. Digital consumer measurement is the latest chapter in our rich measurement history
We are the provider of the Web’s primary measurement platform for brand advertising (a $83B industry in 2017 and growing quickly). Some of our customers: Procter & Gamble, Facebook, Hulu, GroupM, and Roku. Strong strategic technology partnerships with Facebook, Google, Adobe, and others set our measurement products apart from any others in the industry. We are an open-minded and innovative engineering team and environment, using many of the latest open-source software, frameworks, tools, and cloud computing services
As Lead Data Engineer, you will leverage your past experience building and managing production platforms to lead and oversee platform and software development in Nielsen Data Science.
- Work within the Data Science organization to exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience in data engineering, software development, cloud infrastructure, and automation.
- Drive technical solutions to complex business problems. From lightweight automation to designing and building robust/scalable solutions. Strong focus on optimization.
- Contributing to team discussions around data modeling / architecture, application architecture, and software development lifecycle.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
What kind of engineer are we looking for?
- Degree in Statistics, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other Quantitative field of study
- 5+ years of data engineering experience / software development experience
- Expert knowledge of Python, Spark, Scala
- Expert knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem
- Experienced with AWS / Azure and Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with ETL pipelining and data warehousing
- Strong knowledge of Git workflows, particularly in a collaborative environment
- Familiarity with Airflow, Ansible, Docker, or Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with relational database management systems (RDBMS) and knowledge of SQL
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Well organized and capable of handling multiple mission critical projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Self-motivated and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Manage projects consisting of cross functional teams including data science, engineering, and product leadership
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York , New York
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, , ,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Market Research
- Management Consulting
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1