The Data Analyst, Senior Advisor will work with data stewards, data owners, master data management analysts, operations teams and IT partners across the organization to drive the enterprise data conformance program. Data research and analysis, cross-functional requirements gathering and documentation and solution development are key aspects of the role. The Data Analyst, Senior Advisor supports reactive data quality by researching and fixing known data issues and proactive data quality by defining the requirements for data controls and enhancements to data capture, monitoring and maintenance processes, procedures and standards.
Primary responsibilities include performing data operations such as conversion, address hygiene, and postal presort, as well as variable document composition and file creation.
- Independently design, develop and implement data integration solutions that support our platforms resiliency, stability, and supportability using a variety of ETL and database technologies.
- Rapidly develop and refine data integration solutions using Infosphere Datastage, SQL, FastTrack, or other technologies.
- Experience integrating large structured and unstructured data in multiple format, character sets and delivery methods
- Works with business sponsors, SMES and application teams; to understand the business requirements; analyze and assess availability, quality, and lineage of source system data.
- Design, map data from source to target and develop data integration solutions that meet business needs.
- Develop and socialize data integration standards.
- Partners with other engineers through design reviews, providing feedback on feasibility, scalability, performance and adherence to standards.
- Partners with business, analysts, BI team, application teams and other stakeholders to design, map data from source to target, develop, test, and implement production data integration solutions that are fully integrated into the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Ensuring model design solves the end users need.
- Contribute information to the data governance software to improve knowledge downstream.
- Performs analysis on known data quality issues and develops and/or recommends operational or technical solutions for remediation, including development and implementation of automated data quality controls that proactively trigger notifications to process owners when data is out of range. Keeps stakeholders informed of progress and solutions in a timely manner.
- Autonomously, and proactively performs data profiling to explore data, identify issues and summarize findings.
- Defines data quality metrics to assess completeness, accuracy, consistency, and conformance to business rules. Designs dashboards to support continuous monitoring and measurement of data quality.
- Partners with IT to cleanse data to achieve the desired level of data quality
- Partners with data stakeholders, process and product owners across the organization to define data standards and communicate changes to data capture procedures, processes, standards, and controls.
- Cleanses and prepares datasets to be consumed by data scientists and other analysts
- Collaborates with external teams working on data integration and engineering
- Advocates data governance and hygiene best practices
- Assists with scoping and integrating orphan datasets
You will gain hands on experience implementing through embedding standardized data elements in the database or system, employing standardized data elements in an exchange mechanism (usually XML schema), or mapping the application data elements to the standardized elements for purposes of exchange.
Big Data Tools
Big Data: Hadoop, PIG, Sqoop, Hive and Hcatalog & NoSQL (HBase, Cassandra) , SQL.
Programming: Scala, Java, Python, Spark
- 4+ years of experience in data analysis.
- 4+ years of experience integrating large data in multiple formats
- 4+ years of experience working with high volume data exchange and transaction processing systems. Preferably in a custom software development environment.
- 4+ years of SQL development skills within a multi-tier environment are required.
- In depth understanding of data integration best practices, leading industry applications and features such as master data management, entity resolution, data quality assessment, metadata management, etc.
- Expertise in flat file formats, XML within PL/SQL and file format conversion.
- Exposure to application security technologies and approaches is preferred.
- Experience processing and parsing CSV, JSON and XML file formats
- Datastage, SQL, FastTrack, or other technologies
- Strong analytical, debugging and testing skills
- Proficient using Infosphere/DataStage or equivalent ETL software.
- Proficient with relational databases and using SQL to query, create tables, views, indexes, joins.
- Proficient using Unix and applicable scripting/scheduling tools.
- Experience with Python for data analysis
- Knowledge of clinical and financial Healthcare data
- Knowledge of all data formats (HL7, EDI, CSV, XML, etc)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Management Information Systems or related engineering discipline.
- Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
It’s a new day in health care.
- Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
- We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
- CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
- If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
- Financial Services
- Hospital & Health Care
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1