Stanley Black and Decker (SBD) is committed to deep and ongoing investment in our Industry 4.0 capability. SBD believes that advanced analytics using massive data, while already important to our business, will increasingly become fundamental – even transformational – to the value we deliver to our customers and shareholders.
SBD is seeking a Data Engineer in to support and provide expertise in data ingestion, wrangling, cleansing, visualization, analysis and reporting technologies. In this role you will work with relational and unstructured data formats to create analytics-ready datasets for user friendly analytic solutions that identifies and aggregates data elements into decision models and other analytical support tools.
- MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems Management, or Data Science and 5+ years relevant experience or equivalent.
- Strong Experience with data ingestion, wrangling and cleansing, analytical & data visualization tools such as Apache NiFI, Kylo, Scripting, Power BI, Tableau and/or Qlik.
- Experience with data gathering, data mining and data analysis techniques.
- Experience with data modeling, data architecture design and leveraging large-scale data ingest from complex data sources
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Strong knowledge of analysis tools such as Python, R, Spark or SAS, Shell scripting, R/Spark on Hadoop or Cassandra preferred.
- Experience in consuming REST based API (with JSON payload) is a plus.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience building geospatial data representations and map layers.
- Experience developing and testing server-side software and dashboards.
- Experience with Cloud based HaaS/PaaS solutions such as AWS EMR, MS Azure.
- Fluency in big data platforms including Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, SQL DBs, Spark, PIG
- Fluency in various Operating Systems fundamentals (Unix etc.)
- Familiar with software development and agile concepts.
US – Corporate
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
- Consumer Goods
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1