The role in a nutshell
They have a truly incredible opportunity. They capture a completely new data set and are able to overlay this against a wealth of spend and product data – all in huge volumes. But everything they do must be easy to digest and available at the right time in the right place – and that’s where you come in. They are on a mission to modernise their data architecture to support their ever-growing global customer base leveraging the latest technologies and approaches. To do this they need to grow the data services team.
The right candidate will have experience delivering scalable data solutions to ingest, process and serve a massive amount of data, and will have a passion for new technology advances in the big data, analytics and insight space.
Working with the Data Services team
- To establish the data architecture that can enable TruRating to grow across the globe, meeting the requirements of the
individual territories and merchants of all shapes, sizes, and sectors
- Managing end to end data processing from initial acquisition through to analytical storage
- Providing an analytical ecosystem to internal users for deep dive analytical activity on data from both internal and
- Provision of all data linkage between front-end merchant Analytics solution and back-end analytical data structures
- Supporting data integration services between operational systems (CRM, finance etc)
- Provision and support relevant infrastructure and all analytical hardware/software
- Working with development team to deliver both internal and external-facing technical projects
- Evaluating multiple solution options and presenting findings to key stakeholders
- Designing and documenting solutions using flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts and code comments
- Research and experiment with emerging data technologies and industry trends
They would love to bring on board someone who is/has…
- Previous Experience in a Data Engineering Role
- Delivering scalable, cloud-based big data solutions using Hadoop/Spark inc
Data processing pipelines
Metadata driven frameworks
Logging, monitoring and auditing services
- Programming/scripting experience OOP principles, C#, Python, PowerShell
- Knowledge of Data Lake, RDBMS, ETL and Data warehousing technologies
- Exposure to the Microsoft Azure data platform especially Azure Data Factory (ADF); Azure Functions; Azure Storage
(inc Data Lake); Databricks and/or HD Insight, Azure SQL DB/DW.
- Strong Experience with data modelling, data warehouse design and data lake concepts and practices.
- Enterprise Business Intelligence tools such as Power BI.
- Broad knowledge of the design and implementation of applications’ build, release, deployment, and configuration activities
Source control (Git) & Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Release Management tools such as Azure DevOps (VSTS)
Unit-test and integration test experience with automated testing frameworks such as tSQLt, DBFit.
- An understanding of agile development practices, having worked successfully with agile delivery teams.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communications skills.
- Self-reliant, resilient and proactive with high levels of motivation to make things happen, deliver effectively and efficiently
In addition to their enviable company culture at TruRating, they offer 25 days holiday, Private Medical Healthcare with BUPA, a SMART pension and life insurance with Canada Life and Share options. They also have countless softer perks including a fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, drinks, snacks, chocolates and treats all week long!
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1