They Don’t Just Build The World, They Build Innovative Technology Too.
This is the career you’ve been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven, and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you’ll get the unique chance to impact some of the world’s most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS, and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as they work together to write the next chapter in their history. Come build with them and take your career to new heights.
Who They Are
Stanley Black and Decker (SBD) is committed to deep and ongoing investment in Data & Analytics capability. SBD believes that advanced analytics using massive data, while already important to their business, will increasingly become fundamental – even transformational – to the value, they deliver to their customers and shareholders.
Who You Are
You’re a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You’re creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You’re agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure they deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also have:
- MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems Management, or Data Science preferred
- 2+ years relevant experience or equivalent preferred.
- Strong Experience with data, wrangling and cleansing, analysis
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Strong knowledge of Python data analysis libraries including Pandas required
- Fluency in big data platforms including Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, SQL DBs, Spark
- Experience with exploratory data analysis, data gathering, data mining, and data analysis techniques.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning concepts required.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, in spark or hive highly preferred.
- Experience in web scraping and consuming REST-based API (with JSON payload) highly preferred.
- Experience with data modeling, data architecture design from complex data sources.
- Hands-on experience with Machine Learning in python and/or spark highly preferred
- Experience in optimizing big data pipelines in hive or Spark or traditional database workloads preferred.
- Experience in Shell scripting, R, and Snowflake a plus.
- Experience with Cloud-based HaaS/PaaS solutions such as AWS EMR, MS Azure preferred.
- Familiar with software development and agile concepts.
- Fluency in various Operating Systems fundamentals (Unix etc.)
What You’ll Do
As a Data Engineer – Data & Analytics, you’ll be part of their Corporate Data & Analytics team located remotely. Specifically, you’ll:
- Support and provide expertise in building and operationalizing performant data pipelines in a cloud-based data lake environment.
- Perform data wrangling, cleansing, transformation, analysis, and big data technologies is required.
- Work with relational and unstructured data formats to create analytics-ready datasets for user-friendly analytic solutions that identify and aggregate data elements into decision models and other analytical support tools.
Benefits & Perks
You’ll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
What You’ll Also Get
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren’t linear here. Being part of their global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Their lifelong learning philosophy means you’ll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: They pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. They respect and embrace differences because that’s how the best work gets done. You’ll find they like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You’ll help them continue to make positive changes in the local communities where they work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back, and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security, and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other protected characteristic.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1