Data, Technology & Analytics (DTA) at Sky is on a mission to bring customers more of what they love by unlocking the power of data to make Sky even more relevant. They are working with the rest of Sky to build innovative data products that bring even more value to their customers.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and deliver technical solutions in an agile manner which satisfy our stakeholders
- Produce detailed deliverable’s that follow the development standards and principles, on time
- Strive for excellence, challenge assumptions and bring solutions
- Ensure that quality is maintained at all stages of the SDLC and that processes are followed in a timely and thorough manner
- Work with and assist the other teams within the department and provide technical & domain input
- Share knowledge and collaborate with colleagues during the project life-cycle
What You’ll Bring
- Cloud experience, GCP or AWS useful, with an in-depth understanding of large-scale data, data warehouses, data pipelines, and/or data streaming
- Excellent SQL skills and understanding of RDMS, the experience of Google BigQuery, Netezza, or another MPP system useful
- Skills in Shell scripting and/or a programming language such as Python, Java, or Spark
- Attention to detail, a desire to improve, and an attitude to deliver
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to influence technical decisions in a fast-moving commercial environment
- SOA/SOP and micro-services based data solutions would be advantageous
- Experience of the full software development life-cycle including IaC, TDD, and CI/CD
To be part of the team that is responsible for instilling good data governance principles and practices within Sky to drive the benefits: trust, performance & value
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Their great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Their Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of their free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town, and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters, and showers.
On-campus you’ll find six subsidized restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at their subsidized gym, catch the latest shows and movies at their cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at their beauty salon.
Recognized as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, they’re working hard to ensure they’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means they don’t just look at your CV. They’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. They also know that everyone has a life outside work, so they’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And they’ll do everything they can to support you during your application. If you need them to make any adjustments to their recruitment process, speak to their recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. They can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with them, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, they’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, they might have to withdraw the offer.