Squarespace’s Event Pipeline team is responsible for writing and maintaining software that ensures end-to-end delivery of reliable, timely user journey event data, spanning customer segments and products. These events are instrumented and depended on by product managers, engineers, analysts, data scientists, and executives across Squarespace.
In this role, you’ll be part of a small team working to improve data collection and quality and enhance the representation of user journeys across Squarespace products by working with other teams to ensure accurate modeling and implementation of events and ingestion of the data.
- Build and maintain their event pipelines, schema registries, and integrations with their data exploration tools
- Contribute to a technical roadmap for event ingestion and usage, and set priorities for work across the team
- Build and refine processes to make event implementations faster, simpler, and less error-prone for product engineers
- Participate in architectural decisions across the organization, particularly with respect to the impact on data collection
- Help the team meet uptime goals for their event pipeline services and maintain sufficient monitoring and coverage to ensure that incidents and outages are mitigated appropriately
- Experience with building and maintaining data services with high uptime requirements
- Experience building software in Java, Python, Go, or a related language
- Strong systems design knowledge. You know how to architect data pipelines and how storage and compute fit together.
- Prior experience making large datasets accessible. Familiarity with Hive, Presto, and Parquet is a plus.
- Knowledgeable about computing frameworks and job orchestration systems. Specific experience with Spark, Kafka streams, Dataflow, Airflow, or related systems is a plus.
- Experience with Avro a plus
- 2+ years of industry experience
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, they empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of their customer base, but they also strive for the same in their employees. At Squarespace, they are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. They are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1