Spotify is looking for a Data Engineer to join one of their Free Product teams. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of experience working on large scale data in production. In this role, you will help them optimize their ad business to build the best Free experience possible.
What You’ll Do
- Ingest and aggregate data from both internal and external data sources to build their world-class datasets.
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Scio, Storm, or Spark on the Google Cloud Platform.
- Use best practices in continuous integration and delivery.
- Help drive optimization, testing, and tooling to improve data quality.
- Collaborate with other engineers, ML experts, and stakeholders, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives.
- Work from their offices in New York, with some travel to other Spotify office locations. They offer a relocation package if you do not live in the area.
Who You Are
- You’ve worked with high-volume, heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as Hadoop, BigTable, and Cassandra.
- You have experience with one or more higher-level JVM-based data processing frameworks such as Beam, Dataflow, Crunch, Scalding, Storm, Spark, or something they didn’t list- but not just Pig/Hive/BigQuery/other SQL-like abstractions
- You know how to write distributed services in Java or Scala or Python
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- You understand the value of collaboration within teams and can build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Experience with data ingestion via API.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Their platform is for everyone, and so is their workplace. The more voices they have represented and amplified in their business, the more they will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring them your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in their differences that they will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when it launched in 2008. Their mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything they do is driven by their love for music and podcasting. Today, they are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1