Data Engineer – Games – 28842
Technology and Engineering – USA New York, New York
Explore and Discover Nielsen! With offices located in 110 countries, we are a global independent measurement and big data analytics company focused on your future. Nielsen Portfolio is one of three core Nielsen businesses. The Portfolio division is defined as a high-growth, innovation-based business that supports the needs of our clients. Portfolio includes Gracenote, Nielsen Sports/Esports/Games, Nielsen Music, Brandbank, SuperData, & Nielsen Book, making Nielsen Portfolio the largest supplier of metadata, data, measurement, and insights to the global Entertainment Industry.
Our SuperData team is looking to fill the position of Data Engineer – Games
SuperData is the leading provider of data and market intelligence on digital games and interactive media. Our research methodology is driven by behavioral and digital point-of-sale data collected directly from game publishers and developers.
SuperData publishes industry relevant key performance indicators for benchmarking, competitive analysis, and performance optimization. We specialize in helping our clients use data to identify actionable growth and investment opportunities.
The Innovation Team sits at the nexus of the Business Intelligence, Insights, Analytics, and QA teams at SuperData Research and develops new products and efficiencies working with novel, proprietary data sets.
The Data Engineer is an agile data modeling expert. As part of strategic product development and new KPI projects, the data engineer is required to use excellent quantitative and predictive modeling skills, alongside strong database and backend prowess to create dynamic solutions to complex open-ended questions. The data engineer is expected to find answers and develop new solutions, sometimes with a dearth of information.
The ideal candidate will have experience in BI/QA/Analytics via SQL and other database solutions, API/data management skills via Python, and statistical understanding.
- Prepare & ingest data streams into custom analysis-ready database formats.
- Interface with team managers to understand the scope of their current problems and plan a technical solution.
- Create BI/QA/Analytics tools based on new and existing data sets to support live products.
- Explore new avenues of analysis and optimize existing data processes.
- Create and automate error-detection & reporting modules based on feedback loops with other teams.
- Strong understanding of scripting, data structures, loops, algorithms, events, procedures, functions. (Python, JS experience plus)
- Strong understanding of MySQL: nested queries, joins, temporary tables, stored procedures, and can transform transaction line data into monthly, quarterly, or other grouped summary style formats on the fly.
- Microsoft Excel (Intermediate to Expert Level, Understanding of file formats. Import/export/manipulate .csv, .txt and other tabular/delimited formats.
- Working problem solving skills – Algebra, Arithmetic, Statistics
- Must be very comfortable working with time series data. (Percentage Change, CAGR)
- Ability QA/QC own work
- English proficiency required.
- 1-3 years’ experience.
- MUST play a broad spectrum of video games across Console, PC & Mobile.
- Experience with SPSS, R, or another statistical analysis program.
- Dynamic/Scalable Design (Limit hard coding)
- Understanding of how games earn revenue a plus. (Virtual economies, exchange rates, how to make a purchase, what are virtual storefronts, etc.)
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit https://www.lin
edin.com/redir/general-malware-page?url=www%2enielsen%2ecom Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital st
tus, protected vet
ran status or any other protected clas
. Job Type: Regular Prima
y Location: New York , New York Secondary Locations: , , , Travel: No
- Computer Software
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1