The team at the Expedia Group is looking for data and software development enthusiasts who are highly motivated and disciplined, to join their awesome Engineering team.
You’ll be working on some cool projects using their cutting-edge technologies…
As a data engineer in this team, you’ll work with other experienced engineers to design, build, enhance and maintain Big Data pipelines that deliver key data sets which support their Marketing as well as being used by partner managers, analysts, and data scientists. They work closely with their product managers and business team members to make sure they deliver the right data, in the right way and using the right technology.
What you’ll do…
You Will Be Responsible For
- Writing code – lots of it. Much of their code is in Scala – scheduled using Apache Airflow – but they also use Java, HiveQL Python, Spark, and whatever other tools or languages are needed. They welcome programmers of all backgrounds as long as you are keen to work with data and deliver good-quality code!
- Making sure code deploys smoothly and correctly into their cloud environments (AWS).
- Getting a good understanding of their data sets and the business processes and teams that they support. This includes knowledge of tools and APIs from partners including Google, and Facebook.
- Working in an Agile team and looking for ways to continuously improve through asking for and providing feedback.
- Sharing your technical knowledge with the team, reviewing work, and providing guidance where you have seniority or experience with a specific technology.
- Acting as a point of contact for technical issues for specific workstreams within a project.
- Implementing product features, working with Product Owners, Data Operations teams, as well as other data engineers. Doing QA and using good practices like checking requirements, unit testing, and code reviews to ensure these are delivered correctly.
- Feeding into and helping implement their technical roadmap, which includes managing technical debt, innovating with new technologies and approaches, and helping to build up and broaden the technical skills of yourself and the rest of your team.
Who You Are…
They don’t believe in skill matching against a list of buzzwords. They look for smart people with good general programming skills because they believe that exceptional developers can learn new technologies quickly and well. However, it wouldn’t hurt if you have experience with some of the following (or a passion to learn them):
- Coding in Scala (ideally including use of Airflow), Python, Java, or another object-oriented language
- Hadoop (or other “Big Data”/ distributed systems), ideally including Hive and Amazon EMR
- Experience in using cloud services (e.g. Amazon Web Services), particularly with an “infrastructure-as-code” approach (they use Terraform and Ansible)
- Data modeling and data warehousing
- Scalable relational database systems such as Redshift, Teradata
- Passionate about learning, be that about languages, tools, data sets, or how they are used by the business
As a team, they love to…
- Build high-quality data pipelines using cool technology.
- Work in an environment where elegant, clean, maintainable code is favored over messy hacks.
- Share their knowledge with each other and learn new things.
- Host and attend meetups and conferences
- Make use of (and, where relevant, contribute to) a range of open-source software
- Work with a diverse team across multiple sites around the world
- Take advantage of their amazing travel discounts and tick some destinations off their bucket lists!
They believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is the most awesome workforce…
They believe in being Different. They seek new ideas, different ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds, and approaches because averages can lie and sameness is dangerous.
Expedia is committed to crafting an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
We’ll take your career on a journey that’s flexible and right for you, whilst recognizing and rewarding your achievements…
- A conversation around flexible working and what is right for you is encouraged from day one/ your first conversations with Hotels.com.
- Competitive salaries and many growth opportunities within the wider Expedia Inc group.
- Option to attend conferences globally and enrich the technology skills you are passionate about.
- Cash and Stock rewards for high achievers.
- Extensive travel rewards and discounts for all employees!
Why join them…
Expedia Group recognizes their success is dependent on the success of their people. They are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in their business. Their brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires them to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group they act as one team, working towards a common goal: to bring the world within reach. They relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. They act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. They value diversity and voices of all volumes. They are a global organization but keep their feet on the ground so they can act fast and stay simple. Their teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through their corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you!
Their family of travel brands includes Brand Expedia, Hotels.com, Vrbo, Expedia Partner Solutions, Egencia, trivago, HomeAway, Orbitz, Travelocity, Wotif, lastminute.com.au, ebookers, CheapTickets, Hotwire, Classic Vacations, Expedia Media Solutions, CarRentals.com, Expedia Local Expert, Expedia CruiseShipCenters, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE, and Traveldoo.
They’re excited for you to make Expedia an even more awesome place to work!
So what are you waiting for? Apply now and join them on their journey to become the #1 travel company in the world!
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through their global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, they help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. They provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group’s family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1