IBM is looking for a Data Engineer to join their growing team. You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing the data, data pipeline architecture and optimizing data flow across functional teams. The Data Engineer will work with their software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability,
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Programming experience and hands-on experience in building modern data platforms/pipelines
- Programming languages: e.g. Python, Scala, Java
- Frameworks: Spark, Hadoop, Hive (Beam, Pig, Kafka, Storm would be considered as a plus)
- Knowledge of: CI/CD, Apache Airflow, Oozie, orchestration tools
- Search engines: Elasticsearch, Solr
- Databases: NoSQL, Relational databases (columnar & row-oriented), Graph databases
- Experience in designing data pipelines, ETL, ELT
- Knowledge of Cloud platforms: e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP and their data services
- Interest in or experience with machine learning and artificial intelligence is a plus
- Tools: Jupyter Notebooks, Apache Zeppelin, BI Tools
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
R – alternative to Python for ML applications and Data Science
About Business Unit
The Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is an innovative and exciting part of IBM. A fast-paced and dynamic business built to deliver high-value technical services to world renowned clients. All of their employees work in a consultancy environment on a variety of exciting projects across a range of sectors. Every project has its own unique working environment – this enables the employees to build their experience, skillset and network. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems?
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join IBM, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to their story. Together, they have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of their clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1