- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent area; advanced degree is a plus
- 4+ years of implementing data pipelines or data-intensive assets using Python, Java or Scala
- 2+ years of using distributed data processing engines such as Apache Spark, Hive
- 2+ years of creating modular data transformation using an orchestration engine like airflow or equivalent
- 2+ years of building cloud native solutions in either AWS, GCP or Azure, applying infrastructure as a code pattern
- Hands-on experience building decision support systems or advanced analytics solutions
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs is a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of continuous delivery practices
- Experience delivering solutions through an Agile delivery methodology
- Ability to understand complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems
- Comfort with ambiguity and rapid changes common in early-stage product development
- Healthcare domain knowledge; interest in healthcare is a plus
What You’ll Do
You will deliver software products with high levels of value, usability, quality and predictability for the engagements and help the clients transform social, healthcare and public entities across the world.
In this role, you will work with product managers and other engineers and be a key contributor in delivering incremental solutions in an Agile delivery manner. You will help design, develop, test and maintain software solutions that are leveraged within the SHaPE analytics group. You will help build out data frameworks that will allow the analytics to run at scale. You will look for opportunities to continuously improve the solutions and help in the resolution of issues and defects that may occur within the environment. You will be an active contributor in improving the code quality and test automation of the products, leaning on current automation test frameworks and best practices.
You will contribute code and participate in code reviews as well as break down user stories into technical tasks and requirements. You will also identify, communicate and escalate risks when appropriate.
Who You’ll Work With
You will be based in one of the offices in North America as part of the Social, Healthcare and Public Entities (SHaPE) practice. You will collaborate with the SHaPE analytics teams in other technology hubs in Chicago, New York and San Jose, Costa Rica.
The SHaPE analytics group leverages a big-data analytics platform that includes 100 terabytes of integrated claim, encounter, clinical, consumer and other data. The team consists of 100 dedicated experts and 250 affiliated professionals with industry, advanced analytics, statistics, clinical and software expertise, all of whom work to design, deliver and operate advanced analytic tools to help social, public and healthcare clients around the world.
The SHaPE practice is one of 10 industry practices within the firm and has a mission of measurably improving individuals’ lives, livelihoods and health and creating safer and more just communities around the world. SHaPE serves governments, donors, healthcare payors/providers and non-governmental organizations on topics including health, public finance, education, defense, economic development and beyond.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1