Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; their people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“They are leading the way in many areas of data, from delivering business-critical reporting, to providing an essential analytics platform to an elite team of data scientists and analysts. Their solutions are essential to hundreds of users, providing key insights on Sky’s customers, products and viewing content, and a whole lot more. Delivering innovative solutions for new products and initiatives is what they do, every single day. They are the team responsible for bringing together thousands of data feeds from hundreds of systems, into their state-of-the-art cloud platform” – Pieranna, SNR Data Engineering Manager – DTA
What You’ll Do
- Work with stakeholders to understand the business issues and data challenges, thereafter consolidate requirements, specifications, and designs for a proposed solution.
- Design Data Models and ETL pipelines to meet the business requirements in the most efficient manner.
- Work effectively with members of the team to playback the business context and proposed changes to ensure they have a full understanding of the impact and support throughout the development cycle.
- Contribute towards defining the analysis best practice and standards and ensure consistency of delivery across the team.
- Mentoring and coaching other members of the team, being a role model in terms of working practices.
- Supporting & deputizing or Team Lead/Manager where necessary
What You’ll Bring
- Proven experience in the delivery of analysis across large-scale data warehousing projects applying principles in terms of dimensional modeling and ETL pipeline design.
- Experience in translating diffuse and complex business requirements into user stories covering functional, non-functional, security, and acceptance criteria.
- Excellent SQL skills enabling large scale data transformation and analysis
- Experience in cloud-based ETL environments, preferably Google Cloud Platform.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to influence technical decisions in a fast-moving commercial environment.
- Effective management of multiple priorities and conflicting requests, escalating to senior management where necessary.
Data, Technology & Analytics (DTA) at Sky is on a mission to bring customers more of what they love by unlocking the power of data to make Sky even more relevant. They are working with the rest of Sky to build innovative data products that bring even more value to their customers.
To be part of the team that is responsible for instilling good data governance principles and practices within Sky to drive the benefits: trust, performance & value.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Their great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Their Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of their free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town, and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters, and showers.
On-campus you’ll find six subsidized restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at their subsidized gym, catch the latest shows and movies at their cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at their beauty salon.
Recognized as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, they’re working hard to ensure they’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means they don’t just look at your CV. They’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. They also know that everyone has a life outside work, so they’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And they’ll do everything they can to support you during your application. If you need them to make any adjustments to their recruitment process, speak to their recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. They can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with them, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, they’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, they might have to withdraw the offer.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1