- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with one general-purpose programming language (e.g., Java, C/C++, Python).
- Experience in data processing using traditional and distributed systems (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Dataflow, Airflow).
- Experience designing data models and data warehouses and using SQL and NoSQL database management systems.
- Advanced degree in engineering or technical/scientific field of study.
- Experience designing data models and data warehouses and with non-relational data storage systems (NoSQL and distributed database management systems).
- Experience writing and maintaining ETLs that operate on a variety of structured and unstructured sources.
- Experience in large scale distributed data processing.
- Experience with Unix or GNU/Linux systems.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
About The Job
At gTech’s Users and Products team (gUP), their mission is to help users get the most out of Google. They represent the voice of Google’s users and many of their partners globally, sharing insights with the larger Google organization to enable exceptional customer and product experiences.
gUP builds innovative solutions that take user experience and engagement with Google to the next level, supporting users across products, countries, cultures, incomes, and identities. They advocate for users through partnerships with product areas at Google (and some Alphabet businesses), supporting Google’s consumer products ecosystem and enabling numerous launches for Google’s consumer products each year.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll design and develop data systems and reporting tools to ensure that the Users and Products team members have the product, support, and operations data they need to make crucial business decisions. You’ll have the opportunity to design data solutions and solve challenging problems using Google’s large-scale production data infrastructure.
Google creates products and services that make the world a better place, and gTech’s role is to help bring them to life. Their teams of trusted advisors support customers globally. Their solutions are rooted in their technical skill, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of their customers’ complex needs. Whether the answer is a bespoke solution to solve a unique problem or a new tool that can scale across Google, everything they do aims to ensure their customers benefit from the full potential of Google products.
- Design, develop, and support data pipelines, warehouses, and reporting systems to solve business operations, users, and product problems.
- Create extract, transform, and load (ETLs) and reporting systems for new data using a variety of traditional as well as large-scale distributed data systems.
- Collaborate and influence Users and Product stakeholders and support engineers to ensure their data infrastructure meets constantly evolving requirements.
- Work closely with analysts to production various statistical and machine learning models using data processing pipelines.
- Write and review technical documents, including design, development, and revision documents.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. They are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. They also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1