GameChanger provides youth sports team management and scorekeeping tools that provide access to live game updates, statistics to inform player development, and tools for coordinating the team community.
As a Data Engineer you will work together in a cross-disciplinary team of Data Scientists, Production Engineers, and Data Engineers to evolve our data pipeline to be more resilient, extensible, and maintainable. You will also design and extend data models for a normalized data warehouse with terabytes of data to be turned into sports and customer insights. Our solutions benefit everyone including Product Managers, Developers, Data Scientists, Marketing, Executives, Coaches, Players, and Parents.
- Partner with the data science team to provide the data and tools they need to solve complex problems.
- Collaborate across the engineering organization to develop database designs and queries
- Work with product teams to get feature data emitted into the data pipeline, and engage with them to leverage insights to inform their roadmap.
- Identify improvements in the flow of our data
- Evaluate new technologies (both self-managed and services) for moving, transforming, modeling, and storing data and make recommendations
- Improve ETL efficiency
- Work with Engineers in other parts of DICK’S Sporting Goods to design data flows across businesses
- Design tools for compliance with data protection laws
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science or a related field.
- Software development experience, preferably as a data or backend engineer
- Experience with Scala, Python, or Typescript
- Familiarity with Apache Kafka
- Comfort and excitement working across multiple languages, databases, paradigms, etc
- Eagerness to learn about a range of technologies.Our teams use a variety of languages, databases, and technologies to accomplish their objectives, so we’re always learning and sharing.
- Be part of a diverse team of genuinely kind and interesting individuals dedicated to improving the lives of our customers.
- Benefits include medical, vision, prescription, dental, FSA/HRA, and coverage for family/dependents.
- Generous maternity / paternity leave policy
- Well-furnished, modern office
- Commuter Benefits
- Endless supply of snacks and drinks
- Learning opportunities, such as clubs, lunch & learns, hack days, conference attendance
- Organized lunches, happy hours, and team outings
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1