This is a post on behalf of the AI+ Hiring Partner.
Apply with Job ID # 100070
Our Ai+ Hiring Partner startup company seeking a Data Engineering Intern to help build out a greenfield SaaS platform that delivers human capital data to sports executives.
Startup company intends to radically shift the way the sports industry manages its coaching assets and is in search of a Data Engineering Intern that can wrangle, clean, and manipulate large data sets. This position will work as part of their data and development teams responsible for the input and output of large amounts of data to help build the startup’s greenfield asset management platform. This position is a key component to the success of the company’s product buildout.
- Work closely with others on the data and development teams, as well as cross-functionally with product, marketing, and business teams to understand project goals.
- Identify, gather, and transform data from a variety of sources.
- Normalize complicated data sources to convert potentially unusable data into a format that can be efficiently used by software and/or employees.
- Provide analyses on data sets to identify trends, issues, and opportunities.
- Work on efficient data processes while keeping the data as clean as possible.
- Create efficiencies and reduce resource allocation for routine tasks and procedures.
- Maintain documentation for best data practices.
- Learn industry standards and best practices surrounding data analysis to continuously improve our team and systems by implementing them.
- Build dashboards, reports, and presentations to share analytical insights with stakeholders and business leaders.
- Mentor team as it grows and act as a team lead.
- Pursuing a Degree in a quantitative field (computer science, statistics, engineering, economics, or a related field), a recent graduate, or recently finished a data science bootcamp.
- Experience with Python, R, and SQL scripting.
- Familiarity with web scraping tools and techniques.
- Self-motivated; independent, organized, and proactive; highly responsive, flexible, and adaptable when working across multiple teams.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with real-world data that may be ambiguous or incomplete.
- Strong creativity, critical thinking, presentation skills, and attention to detail.
- Be legally allowed to work in the US (US citizen, green card, or F1 student visa holder).
Nice to Have:
- An interest in sports data and analytics.
- Experience developing algorithms and applying machine learning and statistical modeling using common data science techniques such as clustering, regression – logistical and linear, confidence intervals, and pattern recognition.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1