Johnson & Johnson – one of the 2 AAA rated companies, and the Top 5 companies by market cap – is transforming around Technology & Analytics to enable J&J to innovate faster and to compete more effectively, making science and technology equal partners in building the future of Johnson & Johnson.
The Data Engineering Lead, Commercial Analytics, is part of the transformation within the J&J Enterprise Data Analytics team. In this role, you will be responsible for data lifecycle management – ingestion, contextualization, feature engineering and operationalization and partner with data scientists to build and deliver digital solutions. You would be responsible for contextualizing different volumes and variety of data including image, audio, unstructured and structured data to make it ‘consumption ready’ for analytics and insights.
You will manage the data lifecycle to support analytical solutions to provide a competitive advantage to J&J in the healthcare space, and will be a part of a dynamic and growing team. You will be responsible for bringing a broad knowledge of existing data mining algorithms and creativity to invent and customize when necessary. You will learn and deploy leading technologies in the analytics space specific to business needs in order to get results and find opportunities. You’ll drive business impact by solving unique problems thru keen and creative mathematical analysis, continuous improvement methodologies and change management in a cross functional organization.
This role can sit in Bridgewater, NJ; Somerville, NJ; or other central NJ / eastern PA locations.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Developing analytical solutions to address opportunities and partnering with business and technology teams to deploy the solutions to achieve impact.
- Working with technology partners to integrate information and solutions in a seamless, repeatable and consistent way.
- Being a change agent by continuing to be on the leading edge of analytical capabilities outside of J&J and by building the capability within the organization.
- Provide thought leadership by researching best practices and collaborating with external organizations and external partners.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of relevant experience, or Master’s degree and 1+ years of relevant experience, in data analysis or a related field such as statistics, operations research, computer science, mathematics, or computer science.
- Deep understanding of machine learning methods and applied statistical packages within open source scripting languages (e.g. R, Python).
- Deep understanding of data lifecycle required around data ingestion (ingest data from disparate systems into cloud computing environment), data contextualization (merging large data sets, developing algorithms to merge and clean data); data insights and analytics.
- Proven ability to understand massive disparate data sets and transform the information into clear insights for the business
- Demonstrated familiarity with data analysis workflows.
- Demonstrated business sense to understand functional domains within sales and marketing, and understand how decisions impact the different parts of a commercial organization.
- Strong communication and influence skills to effectively translate complex analytical models into clear, succinct recommendations to partners.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time domestically and internationally.
- Demonstrated experience focusing on B2C customer analytics, including customer satisfaction, opportunity analysis, customer journey. to drive individualized customer engagement and extraordinary outcomes.
- Prior experience in one or more of relevant commercial areas (market research, pricing, contracting, market mix, commercial effectiveness).
- Experience with business applications of distributed computing (e.g. MapReduce, HIVE, HADOOP).
- Experience in setting up and handling data in a cloud computing environment (AWS or MS Azure).
- Strong understanding of statistics as applied to data analysis and experience with statistical packages.
- Experience with visualization and workflow software.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)
R&D Engineering (R&D)
- Hospital & Health Care
- Medical Device
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1