Do you like working with big data? Do you want to use data to help drive the direction of products that impact the lives of over 1 billion people every day? If yes, they want to talk to you. They’re looking for a leader in their Data Engineering team to work closely with Product Managers, Data Scientists and Software Engineers to support product launches and roadmaps by building the data architecture that informs and drives insight. In this role, you?ll see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. You’ll work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, use cutting edge technology, and see your efforts affect products and people on a regular basis. The perfect candidate will have strong data infrastructure and data architecture skills, a proven track record of leading and scaling BI teams, strong operational skills to drive efficiency and speed, strong project management leadership, and a strong vision for how BI can proactively improve companies. This is a full time position based in our office in London.
- Proactively drive the vision for BI and Data Warehousing across a product vertical, and define and execute on a plan to achieve that vision.
- Define the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all areas, including project management and system reliability.
- Build a high quality BI and Data Warehousing team and design the team to scale.
- Build cross functional relationships with Data Scientists, Product Managers and Software Engineers to understand data needs and deliver on those needs.
- Manage data warehouse plans across a product vertical. Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production.
- Manage development of data resources and support new product launches.
- Drive data quality across the product vertical and related business areas.
- Manage the delivery of high impact dashboards and data visualizations.
- Define and manage SLA’s for all data sets and processes running in production.
- 6+ years of experience in BI and Data Warehousing.
- Experience scaling and managing 5-20 person teams.
- Communication and leadership skills, with the ability to initiate and drive projects proactively.
- Project management skills.
- Data architecture skills.
- Experience in SQL or similar languages and development experience in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.).
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical field.
- Experience in a consumer web or mobile company.
- Experience with data sets, Hive, and data visualization tools.
- Advanced degree.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1