Our product is all about collaboration and innovation. So are our people. We’re a small team, but we’ve got a big vision: to build a brand-new infrastructure for operational risk management. It’s not easy. We’re redefining the way some of the world’s biggest financial services companies and banks work with data. There are a lot of challenges – but a lot of opportunities to think and act creatively, too.Backed by banks (JP Morgan, Citi, Barclays, Lloyds, BNP) and ratings agencies, Acin helps banks objectively manage their risk control landscape. Based on a network of peers, Acin’s data protocols connect a bank’s risk control data across their firm and industry leading to greater cost savings, and creating huge efficiency savings across the bank both in front and back-office operations.
The job involves the design, development and client delivery of Acin’s offering, enabling banks to improve their Risk and Control frameworks as part of overall non-financial risk management.
- Research to develop or improve Acin’s current offering. This might include:
- Developing non-financial risk scenarios to assess banks’ readiness to handle such scenarios
- Strategically review the quality of the dataset to propose improvements, and to be involved in the execution of improvements
- Developing new and impactful analysis to make the current dataset more engaging
- Developing new metrics (e.g. comparing cost between banks, comparing the efficiency of controls between banks, comparing RCSAs between banks) to enhance the current offering
- Delivery of the existing Acin offering to clients (top tier banks)
- Prepare analysis for the presentation of results and insights to clients, including by handling large datasets and extracting insights from that dataset
- Present benchmarking results to Acin’s key audiences
- Prepare answers to client request or inquiries
- Relevant experience likely gained over 2-6 years in a broad-based role either within a bank or within the financial services practice of a consulting firm / analytics company.
- Strong understanding of banking.
- Experience in analysing large data sets and creating common trends among complex and unstructured data sets.
- Previous experience (Academic or Professional) in Machine Learning / NLP preferred.
- Highly proficient in all essential software applications – particularly Excel, Tableau and PowerPoint
- Effective, sharp, clear and succinct communication skills, both verbal and written, and the confidence to have challenging dialogues
- Proven project management skills and ability to work independently
- Proven ability to work in a demanding environment – managing multiple projects, co-ordinating with colleagues globally and meeting tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, with strong attention to detail and presentation
- Passionate about becoming a content expert
Desirable but not essential:
- Strong academic background in Finance, Statistics or a related field
- Understanding of the banking regulatory environment in UK, US, Continental Europe and /or Switzerland.
- Experience in a start-up / scale-up environment
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, dynamic fintech that is creating huge momentum in the market. Alongside a friendly, dynamic, and inclusive culture, we offer…
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Share options – we like to offer our employees a stake in our success
- A company pension to help save for your future
- Enhanced Private Health Insurance for you and your family
- Life insurance, including access to their Smart Health services such as unlimited access to an online GP as well as a range of other health and wellbeing experts
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave policies
- Perkbox – a discount platform and wellbeing resource centre.
- Employee Assistance Program – access to free counselling sessions and support through Perkbox.
- Cycle to work scheme
- A laptop and home office equipment – whatever you need to do your best work
- Hybrid working options + an amazing office in Central London
- Regular company events and socials – we call these events InterfAcin
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together. Our core company values are get up and go, keep going, and always further.
Acin is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1