Data Operations Engineer – 32622
Operations – USA Chicago, Illinois
Nielsen is seeking a talented Data Operations Transformation Lead to understand and maximize data assets used by Nielsen Data Operations to make us a more nimble organization.
The DataOps Transformation Lead will blend people and skills from Data Science, Technology, and Operations to multiply our capabilities through improvement of our teams and processes. This position will work as part of the Data Ops Transformation team to drive all automation initiatives and changes to existing data management strategy. This team will be directly accountable for hard and soft savings for the entire US DataOps team. The team will also work directly with the project and program management team for feasibility and resourcing prior to project kickoff. Finally and most importantly, this team will create and support a strategy for building skills and a data driven mindset throughout DataOps.
- Design machine learning models to increase efficiency in US Data Operations
- Piping and processing massive data-streams in distributed computing environments
- Determine continuous improvement opportunities of predictive modeling algorithms
- Drive projects that can be effectively supported by other ops and tech teams
- Evaluate program needs where we benefit from new data management practices
- Create an open ecosystem for Data Operations and other Nielsen functions to more quickly access and analyze data
- Determine side projects for Nielsen associates to test hypotheses based on data science
- Ability to collaborate and influence with other functional areas as a team and deliver results on time and per spec
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Ability to present and explain methodological and operational solutions to executive leadership
- Expertise in Python/R or other stat packages (Python preferred)
- Expertise in modelling techniques and methodologies: Linear regression, K-mean, Neural Networks, Decision trees, Classification, etc.
- Experience implementing deep learning models preferred
- Deep understanding of Data Engineering and Warehousing techniques with SQL
- Working knowledge of Hadoop / Big Data Technologies
- 2-3 years of experience in quantitative analysis, and a strong educational background in an engineering or technical field
- Demonstrates experience in statistical techniques, market research methodologies, research processes, operations as well as knowledge of the complexity of consumer
businesses and client needs.
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago , Illinois
Secondary Locations: , , ,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Market Research
- Management Consulting
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1