Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting a Data Privacy Engineer, which can be located in Somerville, NJ, Mountain View, CA, and Cincinnati, OH.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science — bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
- Work with internal and external J&J partners to define requirements for a connected device ecosystem to provide capabilities around compliant collection, aggregation and use of device and patient information.
- Maintain a direct and collaborative connection to the Medical Device R&D IT Product Technology Innovation team and the J&J Global Medical Device Privacy Team.
- Collaborate directly with Hospital technical staff and J&J platform development teams to complete all data related activities required to enable device connectivity and secure and compliant data transfers, storage, curation and protection within the broader J&J Digital Surgery data ecosystem.
- Define and document compliant procedures for transfer and use of PHI for the J&J Digital Surgery program that include technical solutions to support global privacy regulations and data protection policies.
- Define automated and scalable processes that leverage data deidentification and anonymization methodologies, tools and techniques to prepare data for downstream secondary use by data science and analytics teams while developing and documenting access governance and security controls.
- Liaise with key business stakeholders in J&J’s Operating Companies (in business functions such as HR, Clinical, Medical, Sales & Marketing, IT, etc.) to ensure personal information processing activities by the company comply with J&J Privacy principles and applicable Privacy laws and regulations in the various countries and regions.
- Liaise with various downstream consumers of device and EMR data from our Connected Hospital partners (i.e.- physicians and medical staff, Professional Education, Service and Repair, Health Informatics analysts, HEMA teams and Epidemiology research teams).
- Work with J&J Technology partners to define requirements for our HiTRUST data platform, repositories and data use cases for the Digital Surgery platform components.
- Provide guidance and documentation to Medical Device development teams regarding the transport, use and protection of their device data and to provide guidance around use of PHI data from other hospital EMR systems and sources.
- Collaborate closely with functional partners within J&J’s Operating Companies to insure compliance in the collection, protection, retention and use of healthcare data assets.
- Provide continuous thought innovation and process improvement to drive flawless, secure and compliant execution of data services for all of Digital Surgery.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of practical work experience in an IT, data science, engineering, or related technical field is required.
- Strong knowledge of data science, analytics and data curation processes is required.
- Experience leading, managing, and delivering projects is required.
- Strong understanding of global data privacy concerns and regulations including data use agreements, country and regional regulations, state/country/region data sovereignty regulations is required.
- Strong track record of working with multiple stakeholder groups to engineer new processes is required.
- Ability to manage the low-level details of a project while understanding the bigger picture of the IT strategy is required.
- Excellent organizational, facilitation, communication and presentation skills are required.
- With little supervision, must be able to define, shape, and drive tasks and projects to completion while effectively collaborating strategically with others.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Cloud technologies, platform architectures and industry certifications such as HiTRUST is preferred.
- Working knowledge of data deidentification and anonymization methodologies, tools and techniques is required.
- Global mindset and preparedness to incorporate global standards and practices, for consistency and efficiency is required.
- This position can be located in Somerville, NJ; Cincinnati, OH; or Mountain View, CA. Up to 20% domestic and international travel may be required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville-
North America-United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, North America-United States-California-Mountain View
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
- Hospital & Health Care
- Medical Device
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1