Data Production Senior Analyst – 31070
Operations – USA Coral Springs, Florida
We understand the importance of knowing what consumers see and buy. That is our passion and the center of our business. We study and know consumers in more than 100 countries to provide the most comprehensive insight into trends and habits around the world.
With nearly 34,000 employees in more than 100 countries around the world, Nielsen offers a wide variety of full-time career opportunities, and part time jobs for trainees and interns.
At Nielsen we believe in talent and diversity! In Nielsen you can be you, you can grow with us and you can make a difference. At Nielsen we want you to succeed as your most authentic self.
Data Production Senior Analyst
Objective/About The Area
Nielsen Scarborough, the nation’s premier source for local consumer insights, is looking for a skilled individual to join as a Data Production Senior Analyst who will support Nielsen Scarborough’s Data Production team and report to the Manager, Data Production. This position involves production support and the ideal candidate will thrive on working in a fast-paced production environment, teaming with other production professionals. It requires strong numerical and logistical skills, advanced knowledge of Excel (especially Macros), and strong analytical skills.
Your main responsibilities as Data Production Senior Analyst at Nielsen would be:
- Responsible for the quality of Nielsen Scarborough’s data
- Performs strict quality control procedures related to the development of databases ensuring accuracy both numerically and visually
- Read/write/update pseudo-code and understand and write simple Boolean statements as well as SQL select queries
- Perform logistical summations on survey questions and their responses in relation to similar questions to determine proper alignment of data
- Update tables with logistical statements to connect data
- Troubleshoot all potential issues/problems encountered during the production cycle
- Ensure that production deadlines are met, working closely within a team and other departments
- Responsible for creation and support of final product for client delivery
- Team with other Scarborough personnel in Coral Springs, FL; Dallas, TX; and New York, NY on new development projects and assisting on existing projects as necessary
- Create internal documentation for new processes and maintain documentation on existing processes
- Work with Software Testing team to conduct system tests as needed, keeping records of all tests performed including dates, description of test(s), and sample data sets used in testing
- Team with other Data Production professionals to manage the data production system of database tables, programs, and queries
- Participate in new software and hardware planning/implementation
- Coordinate with the Media Analytics and App/Dev on various custom related projects
- Other duties as assigned by manager
What makes you the perfect fit for this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 5+ years related experience
- Strong knowledge of SQL select queries, Boolean logic, Microsoft Excel, and working with macros
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of Google apps
- Some basic programming knowledge helpful. (This is NOT a programming position.)
- Knowledge of FoxPro a plus
- Detail oriented with strong numerical and logistic abilities
- Superior organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload from multiple departments
- Ability to interact well within a team and to work independently
We want to hear from you! If you are interested, send us your updated resume.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Coral Springs , Florida
Secondary Locations: MD – Columbia, , ,
Hiring Manager Name: Stephanie Lee Baxter
Hiring Manager Title: Operations Manager
Recruiter Name: MARCELA ROJAS
- Market Research
- Management Consulting
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1