Location: Boston, MA
Bose is about better sound, but better sound is just the beginning. We’re about inventing new technologies that truly benefit people and creating a culture where innovation and teamwork are highly valued. Working at Bose, you’re encouraged to question conventional thinking in the relentless quest to create products and experiences that change people’s lives. Our culture is as distinctive as our products. Join a company that operates globally, with a culture that embraces new ideas.
We have exciting Sr. Data Quality Engineer employment opportunity in our Central Data Organization. The department is working to build a world-class data-driven organization that includes Data Governance enabling advanced analytics and Data Science across Bose. We are looking for a highly skilled professional who can use techniques and tools to measure, control, monitor and improve the quality of data needed for key business processes.
If you have a passion for creating a data-driven culture by delivering value, please consider a career at Bose!
- Develop Data Quality Dashboards and Data Quality Improvement life cycle, establishing data quality SLA
- Perform root cause analysis of data discrepancies across disparate architectural layers of distributed IT solutions and developing action plans to resolve issues
- Conduct Enterprise Data Quality software purchasing – requirements gathering, POC driving, vendor evaluation, best option selection and new tool on-boarding
- Data profiling of files and databases, reverse engineering of business rules based on the ingestion and data processing code
- Track and measure wins including ROI measuring of quarterly Data Quality results and value delivered.
- Identify and define cross applications logic to ensure that data anomalies are detected and contained within thresholds
- Support Data Science and Advanced Analytics project/programs by enforcing best practices and providing a solution to data quality issues
- Research all available data quality technologies and solutions, determine the suitability and provide guidance on the best solution for the project at hand
- Own the support for the day-day execution of the Data Quality applications as well as anticipate new issues and functionalities. Work to understand Data Quality agenda across Bose.
- Provide consistent communications to the stakeholders’ community on Data Quality state to ensure transparency on new features, existing challenges, and use case successes.
Skills, Knowledge and Experiences
- Ability to understand complex data models and relationships, data lineage and transformations through multiple systems
- Proven experience in metadata management, data modeling, MDM, Data integration, ETL, Data warehouses, and Big data repositories
- Experience with data discovery, profiling, cleansing and standardization, Data quality rules management, developing reusable data quality validation, data quality monitoring and reporting
- Proven ability to mine and validate data across structured and unstructured data sets
- Hands-on data analysis of databases and files using SQL and programming languages such as R, Scala, Python etc
- Big data technologies expertise (preferable with Cloudera)
- Experience with business intelligence/reporting/analytics platforms such as MS Power Bi and Tableau etc.
- Experience with Enterprise Data Quality tools such as Talend, IDQ, Infosphere or others
- A mastery of how data quality is measured, including an understanding of completeness, uniqueness, validity, accuracy, integrity, timeliness, etc.
- Experience with SAP is a plus (e.g. ECC, CRM, FI, BW, HANA, BEx)
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, excellent communicator, strong analytical orientation
- Proven experience of cross-functional activity in complex organizations with strong emphasis on influencing and collaboration.
- The ideal candidate will understand how people, process and technology can come together to enable business processes.
- Passion for Data, Data Quality and process.
- This position is located in our new Boston Landing facility in Brighton
- Consumer Electronics
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1