The Data Analyst position is part of their Merchandising department and more specifically their Merchandising Analytics team. The Merchandising team is responsible for the creation and maintenance of their product catalogs. They add tens of thousands of new products each month, both for limited-time events and for ongoing product selection. They also continually improve the catalog – fixing issues and increasing the content to improve customer experience in a joint effort with their suppliers. Their goal is to provide inspirational and engaging content to drive customer engagement and increase conversion. They also understand where the customer is shopping on site – where they are most / least engaged through the funnel, and they create customized landing pages based on an analytical approach, supported by new merchandising tools.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with leaders of functional areas to identify the most impactful ways for data and analytics to drive decision making and accelerate profitable growth.
- Comprehend, extract, and massage information from multi-terabyte data sources including sales, clickstream, logistics, product, and customer databases to deliver business insights and recommendations.
- Design and build solutions to empower stakeholders across Wayfair to self-serve analytical needs.
- Develop a strategy for priority initiatives and lead implementation to drive results
- Become the subject matter expert for data, analytics, and testing within a business unit to ensure accurate and proper interpretation of core business metrics and consumer behavior.
- Utilize web analytic tools to analyze and optimize performance
What You’ll Need
- Experience with Excel; coursework or experience with SQL or other structured programming languages (s) (e.g. Python, Java, C, Tableau) is a plus.
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems as well as a desire to make processes better.
- Hands-on experience conducting quantitative analyses on large data sets
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, or another quantitative discipline field
- An entrepreneurial spirit and mindset
- Enthusiastic, with proven ability to rapidly get up to speed with job knowledge
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in their warehouses or offices throughout the world, they’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through their commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, they are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. They’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate their differences, and know that their unique perspectives make them stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. They value and rely on the collective voices of their employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as they build a better Wayfair – and the world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why they’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1