Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. They drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, they set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. They are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to their remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in their passion for teamwork, their vision to revolutionize industries and their goal to lead the future in media and technology, they want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast Ventures is seeking a data scientist to take the reins of, and lead their data-driven investment effort. Here at Comcast Ventures they leverage a variety of data sources to augment their investment process, from sourcing deals to conducting due-diligence and helping their portfolio companies. You will apply your business acumen and analytical skills to find great investment prospects, and partner with relevant team members to drive the investments. Finally, you will work with a select group of companies within the invite only accelerate program to help support and scale their businesses beyond the investment phase.
About Comcast Ventures
Comcast Ventures is a financially-focused venture capital firm with the backing of Comcast as its sole LP. The team was founded in 1999 and invests across a broad array of industries including consumer, enterprise, and frontier technologies. The firm has offices in San Francisco, New York, Philadelphia and Los Angeles. To learn more about their team and their investments, visit www.comcastventures.com.
You have both excellent quantitative skills and great business acumen. You are very intellectually curious and enjoy thinking about problems at a high level. However, you are no spring chicken when it comes to getting deep in the analytical weeds to validate your hypotheses. You have a strong foundation in statistics and enjoy solving problems with data. You are interested in investing and want to help build scalable solutions to spot early traction in startups and help them grow. Finally, you enjoy interfacing with entrepreneurs and investors alike, and have no problem presenting your convictions to drive action.
Aspects Of The Job
- Developing and testing data-driven hypotheses around business models, industries, and ecosystems
- Building and implementing scalable data models that identify early signs of product-market fit and company traction
- Becoming a thought leader in data-driven venture investing
- Sourcing and assisting on deals utilizing data, and influencing the investment team with data-driven findings
- Build financial and predictive models on a variety of strategic initiatives for companies participating in the accelerate program.
- Use external and internal data enrichment methods to improve customer acquisition efforts for portfolio companies
- Analyze and interpret both internal and external data, and make it actionable for business purpose
- Gain in-depth knowledge of how a successful start-up operates
- 2+ years of experience in quantitative analysis
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field
- Proficiency with Python and SQL. Expert in at least one statistical modeling/machine learning software (Python preferred)
- 1+ years of hands-on, practical Excel use
- Demonstrable critical thinking and analytical skills, including the ability and conviction to make conclusions and recommendations from data
- Experience interacting with key stakeholders, and converting opportunities into actionable data-driven analysis and implementing science-driven data products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Passion to learn a business from the inside out and propel its growth
- Comfort with and aptitude for critically analyzing large quantities of data
- Ability to clearly articulate and defend analytical findings
Why Work Here
The Data Science role is an invaluable opportunity to learn the venture capital business while embedded in a team of experienced investors and seasoned operators. You will have access to unique and powerful datasets with the freedom to carve your own path and make advances in the nascent field of quantitative venture capital. Through your work here, you will gain an in depth understanding of different business models, how to judge their health and what levers exist to improve upon them. They are committed to your success and will provide training, mentorship, and unique exposure to people and experiences that come through their vast network and 20-year history in venture.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1