Would you like to use your Data Science skills to solve real world problems and improve people’s lives? The Wellness Division at Bose produces innovative products and experiences that improve sleep, physical health, mental wellbeing and hearing. We are looking for talented Data Science Co-ops to help us develop the scientific insights and state of the art algorithms that will deliver positive change to our customers’ wellbeing. This is a unique opportunity to shape the experiences and technologies that millions of people will use to improve their quality of life.
Bose has a strong culture that is passionate about making things better, in terms of the products we build but also the way we work together, focusing on respect, integrity and excellence. We all work hard to develop innovative technologies that provide customers with life changing experiences. Our goal is helping people reach their fullest human potential, so they can feel more, do more, and be more.
- You will join Bose’s new and growing Wellness Data Science group based out of our new Boston Landing location. The mission of this group is to leverage world-class data science, machine learning, and cloud-connected technologies to envision and develop algorithms, and deploy them into compelling, engaging, and personalized user experiences within Wellness products.
- You will be responsible for helping drive applied research by conceiving, building and benchmarking machine learning algorithms for Wellness applications.
- Specific tasks may include research scoping, algorithm development, experimental study design and analysis, data mining, data visualization and gaining deep competency in cutting edge ML technologies.
- You will collaborate closely with Wellness researchers to understand concepts and the underlying science and with Machine Learning Engineers to transition the results of research through concept prototypes into production-quality deliverables.
- As part of the team you will evangelize a data-driven culture throughout the Wellness division and enable products grounded in science and powered by AI which make our customers healthier.
- Pursuing a degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computational Neuroscience or related field .
- Experience leveraging statistics, machine learning and AI methods to solve applied research problems, develop and prototype practical algorithms and analyze novel data sets.
- Experience with or willingness to quickly learn the Python data science stack (e.g. NumPy, Pandas, scikit-learn, SciPy, StatsModels and other NumFocus projects.)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and the ability to explain deep technical results to diverse groups of stakeholders.
- A passion for solving hard, ill-defined problems, comfort with taking the initiative, and a life-long learner who continually seeks to improve their skills and understanding.
What’s In It For You
- Be a part of and work with a top notch, multidisciplinary, transparent, and agile team.
- Collaborate with people like you who want to solve problems and have fun together.
- Work on developing innovative Wellness products that improve people’s lives.
- We strive to help our employees and customers reach their fullest potential.
Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For additional information, please review: (1) the EEO is the Law Poster (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf); and (2) its Supplements (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm). Please note, the company’s pay transparency is available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf. Bose is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Wellbeing@bose.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
- Marketing & Advertising
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1