ZS’s Business Consulting group partners with clients to design and deliver solutions to help them tackle a broad range of business challenges. Their teams work on multiple projects simultaneously, leveraging advanced data analytics and problem-solving techniques. Their recommendations and solutions are based on rigorous research and analysis underpinned by deep expertise and thought leadership.
DATA SCIENCE CONSULTANT
Data Science Consultants (DSCs) design, develop and execute high-impact analytics solutions for large, complex, structured, and unstructured data sets (including big data) to help clients make better fact-based decisions.
- Develop advanced algorithms that solve problems of large dimensionality in a computationally efficient and statistically effective manner;
- Execute and teach application of statistical and data mining techniques (e.g. hypothesis testing, machine learning, and retrieval processes) on large, unstructured data sets to identify trends, figures and other relevant information;
- Lead conversations with clients and other ZS stakeholders to effectively integrate and communicate analysis findings;
- Evaluate emerging datasets and technologies and help define their analytic platform;
- Own development of select assets/accelerators that create scale;
- Contribute to thought leadership through research and publication;
- Guide and manage project teams of Associates/Associate Consultants.
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related discipline, plus 2-4 years of relevant post-PhD work experience;
- In lieu of a Ph.D., 5-8 years of relevant post-collegiate job experience;
- Experience with big data/advanced analytics concepts and algorithms (e.g. text mining, social listening, recommender systems, predictive modeling, etc.);
- Relevant programming background (e.g. Java/Python/R);
- Strong understanding of relevant tools/platforms (e.g. Hadoop ecosystem and database systems);
- Agile project planning and project management experience;
- Team management and skill development experience;
- Relevant domain knowledge preferred; (healthcare/transportation/hi-tech/insurance);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail, with a research-focused mindset;
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- High motivation, good work ethic, and maturity.
ZS is a global consulting firm; fluency in English is required, additional fluency in at least one European or Asian language is desirable.
Candidates must possess work authorization for their intended country of employment. An on-line application, including a cover letter expressing interest and a full set of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be considered.
ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives, complete medical/dental/life insurance programs, and retirement savings benefits. They are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1