Altius have a simple ambition – to be the leading data focused technology business in Europe. They help businesses to harness their data and use it to understand, model and predict business performance – delivering improved engagement, efficiency and profitability.
They are leading the UK market in delivering Microsoft Azure based data platforms and their data science team is at the cutting edge of delivering machine and deep learning solutions. The business has an average annual growth of over 50%. Altius are currently 350 people across the UK, The Netherlands and India.
At Altius, they strive for excellence in everything they do. They are a dynamic team of bright, talented and highly accomplished people who are passionate about their work and this is a fantastic opportunity to broaden your expertise within Microsoft Business Intelligence & Analytics, using the very latest BI, IOT, Data Science & Big Data technologies from Microsoft and other key vendors.
More details on Altius can be found on https://www.altiusdata.com/
Altius are recruiting data scientists with a passion to solving complex business problems with machine learning and advanced statistical methods. As a data scientist, you will be involved in the development of real-life predictive solutions as well as working with clients to resolve their advanced analytics requirements. As a consultant, you will also require business analyst skills, as you will be expected to analyse and scope client’s requirements, propose and design the solution.
The data scientist will work on analytics solutions based on machine learning & statistical predictive algorithms for clients of Altius. They are looking for data scientists with hand-on experience in machine and deep learning, statistical modelling and software development, proven scientific research skills and technical leadership.
- Develop machine learning, artificial intelligence, and statistical algorithms and solutions using R and Python.
- Prepare advanced data analyses and present results of these analyses to business people.
- Engage with clients throughout the lifecycle of projects on both advisory and delivery assignments.
- Participate in pre-sales activities to demonstrate how data science and statistics may be applied for commercial advantage of potential clients.
- Develop solution prototypes and deliver CRP (Conference Room Pilot) sessions.
- Help to define the analytics solution architecture from a pragmatic standpoint.
- Support blended teams of colleagues, client and partner resources to help share knowledge and develop an integrated delivery ethic.
They are looking for the following experience profile:
- Commercial or academic experience in developing ML & AI solutions using R and Python;
- In depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms.
- Developed capabilities with data modelling and complex big data analyses.
- Hands-on experience in developing complex query structures with SQL and/or NoSQL query languages.
- Strong business analysis skills and deep understanding of analytics.
- Business facing with the skills and a proven consultative approach.
- Advanced degree (PhD) in machine learning, computer science, physics, applied mathematics or statistics.
- Proven scientific research skills (published scientific papers and/or scientific conference presentations).
- Understanding of deep learning techniques and experience with deep learning environments (TensorFlow, Theano, MXNet, Microsoft DMTK, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Experience with big data stack (Spark, Hadoop, Storm, Hive & Pig) and NoSQL stores.
- Experience with distributed machine learning (RHadoop, Spark MLlib, etc).
- Programming skills in industrial languages (Java or C/C++ or C# or Scala).
- Solid grounding in statistics, especially optimisation and graph theory, and applied mathematics.
- Experience in Finance, Retail, or Digital Media industries.
Applications are only invited from candidates with the right to reside and work within the UK. Candidates should be willing to travel for the purposes of client delivery and collaborating with colleagues.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1