We are looking for a Data Science Engineer to join our team of analytics experts. The hire will work within a team of talented and creative engineers and scientists to design and build advanced predictive models capable of scaling across Nielsen’s vast sales and marketing data assets. This role will serve as the subject matter expert for building the modeling process in our cloud platform. The ideal candidate is an experienced Data Scientist or ML Engineer who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of combining Nielsen’s proprietary data assets with their statistical modeling and software development skills to enable the world’s biggest brands to make better and faster decisions.
- Work alongside scientists and engineers as the subject matter expert for building machine learning pipelines in our cloud environment.
- Collaborate with product and research teams to design and validate data and learning algorithms.
- Identify and implement features that improve algorithm efficiency and scalability.
- Create software components that can be shared and reused across Nielsen teams and processes.
- Develop, implement and maintain good programming standards and practices across our analytics codebase.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing for usability, re-designing for greater scalability.
- Experience building, debugging, and optimizing machine learning pipelines, preferably in a distributed environment.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and analytics systems.
- Working knowledge of distributed databases.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- We are looking for a candidate with 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineer or Data Scientist role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, or other relevant scientific field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL, Python, and Spark
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, Luigi, etc.
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience using source control: Git / Bitbucket
- Experience with cloud services: Azure, AWS, Google
- Exposure to statistical languages: SAS, R, Julia
- Experience with object-oriented/object-functional languages: Python, Scala, Java, C++, etc.
- Market Research
- Management Consulting
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1