Data Science Graduate Level Internship
Req. # 98755
Experience a growing community of Data Science professionals who apply cutting edge statistical techniques to positively impact business results. In your role as a data scientist, you will apply your expertise and explore areas such as cloud computing, machine learning, and various modeling techniques and software.
In this 10-12 week internship, you will have the opportunity to solve real business problems by building robust models and performing meaningful and verifiable quantitative analysis. Your assignment will give you the opportunity to increase the analytical footprint in functions such as product management, claims, distribution, marketing, and human resources. Using statistical software such as R, Python, and SAS, you will answer business problems and manipulate data, as well as assist others with conducting business research in a hands-on environment. You will also prepare and give a presentation on your work to your colleagues and the data science management team at the conclusion of the summer.
An internship may be your first step toward a successful and rewarding career. Liberty Mutual Interns are valuable members of the organization in roles that could transition into full-time opportunities with potential for location in Boston, MA or Seattle, WA.
- Proven statistical/mathematical and analytical skills, as normally acquired through the pursuit of a Masters or PhD degree in a mathematics, statistics, economics or related field; applicants that have completed doctoral qualifying exams preferred.
- A record of academic achievement and minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA. Additional requirements might apply.
- Solid oral / written communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Proficiency in a statistical software package such as SAS, R, Python, etc.
- Programming skills are desirable.
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1