BDAI at Verizon Media is looking for a Data Science Intern. This position will offer a deep dive into the big data needs of their various analytics products and businesses. Specifically, this position will contribute to building state-of-the-art analytics solutions and applications that can be shared across product lines and businesses.
With over 100 million Wireless, Wireline, and Enterprise customers on their massive global network, big data products with analytics and visualizations are a critical component of our business.
- Develop analytical (predictive, optimization) solutions using machine learning and statistical modeling on a big data platform, that serve the business objectives.
- Formulate business problems into mathematical models effectively.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate within and across teams.
- Pursuing a Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent.
- Solid foundation in applied mathematics, such as: statistics, linear algebra, optimization.
- Prior experience with classical Machine Learning Algorithms.
- Strong foundation in data structures and algorithms design, big-O analysis.
- Experience in software development (Java, Scala, Python).
- Proficient in SQL.
- Detail oriented, excellent quantitative, written, and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable with the command line/ Unix systems.
- Prior knowledge of visualization tools (Tableau, matplotlib and seaborn for Python users)
- Experience working with large data stores and distributed computing (hands on with Hadoop, Spark technologies), and some experience in building software.
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form ( https://www.verizonmedia.com/careers/contact-us.html ) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on their internal career site.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1