Data Science Graduate Level Internship
It’s a data-driven world. Be part of a growing community of data science professionals that harness the power of data to analyze performance trends, identify opportunities, and keep Liberty Mutual moving forward.
Calling all aspiring data scientists! Here’s the perfect opportunity to grow your knowledge and skills in key areas such as cloud computing, machine learning, and various modeling techniques and software.
In the 10-to-12-week Data Science Graduate Level Internship, you’ll build robust models and use statistical software, such as R, Python, and SAS, to solve critical business problems in product management, claims, distribution, marketing, HR, legal, finance, and other business functions.
At the conclusion of your summer internship, you’ll deliver a presentation of your work and skills to your colleagues and the data science management team.
The Data Science Graduate Level Internship may be your first step toward pursuing a rewarding career at Liberty Mutual, one of the leading property and casualty insurers in the United States. Their interns often transition into full-time opportunities at their Boston, Chicago, and Seattle offices.
A Little About Them
As one of the leading property and casualty insurers in the country, Liberty Mutual is helping people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
They were recognized as a ‘2018 Great Place to Work’ by Great Place to Work US and were named by Forbes as one of the best employers in the country for new graduates and women—as well as for diversity.
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. They will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information, or on any basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
What You’ve Got
- You possess proven statistical, mathematical, computational, and analytical skills, which you have acquired through the pursuit of a Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Operational Research, Computer Science, or a related field.
- You have completed doctoral qualifying exams (preferred).
- You have a record of academic achievement and a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA.
- You demonstrate solid oral, written, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- You are a whiz at statistical software, such as R, Python, and SAS. Programming skills are highly desirable.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1